Record light does not go on

HighlanderCFH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 9, 2014
Northwest Indiana
I've noticed that, over the past couple weeks, the red recording light on my Hopper does NOT go on anymore while a recording is taking place.

Sometimes the light goes on for a recording and other times it is off during a recording.

Is this a possible sign of upcoming hard drive failure or just bad software?

Yup, the recordings seem to be okay, but many times the light never goes on as it always did before. I'll end up doing a red button check of the tuners and see the confirmation that the scheduled timer is recording -- but no red light. I've reset the Hopper many times, but it still does this. Also, for a long time now, I frequently lose control of the remotes. None of the remotes paired with the Hopper will function for some reason. When I reset the machine, the remote function is restored. Makes me wonder if this could be related.

I had a similar problem but the record lite didn't come on and it didn't record. This was accompanied with the OTA stations not showing up just about every other day. The fail to record was both OTA and normal channels.
Moved the OTA dongle to the other Hopper and no problem. Moved it back to the first Hopper and no problems but this time plugged the dongle into a rear port instead of the front port.
I went round and round for a while trying different connections, cables, etc. and finally ordered a new dongle from Dish. This miraculously fixed all the problems. Not installing it, ordering it fixed my problems.
I now have OTA on both Hoppers working fine and no missing red light or recordings.
(Just proves to me that it is all magic.):bday

I forgot to add that I'm not using Tapatalk to send this message.

Thanks Andrea.
Do you think this would help? I have 4 remotes paired to the Hopper and, whenever this happens, NONE of them respond. So it makes me think it's something with the hopper and not each of the individual remotes.
I have 8 remotes paired to one of my HWSs and never have seen your record lite issue. Do you have an OTA module attached to your Hopper? Poster in #5 post might be on to something.

Hi,

Indeed, I do have an OTA module that I added to the Hopper 5-6 weeks ago. I've never had an issue with the Hopper not recording, though. I'll notice that there should be a timer recording taking place and see that the red recording light is not on. So I'll then check the red tuner activity button on the remote and see that the recording IS taking place. Other times the red light WILL be on.

I'll have to start jotting notes down on any pattern to this that might be involved with this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)