Recorded SD instead of HD

JoeManChu

Original poster
Oct 9, 2010
AZ
Hi, I'm new to the satellite world. I tried searching for this but can't find the info.
I went to record smallville and supernatural last night and it defaulted to the SD channel.
Was I supposed to do something differently when scheduling the recording to get it to use the HD channel?
If I lock out the SD channels, will it then default to the HD channels?

Thanks

Several questions here. What receiver are you using? What type of timer did you set? Did you select the program from the guide on the HD channel?

So you selected it from the online guide? Sounds like you selected it from the SD channel. That will get you the SD version every time.

Yes from the online guide. I'm looking there now. If you search for smallville, it only comes up with what I believe is the sd channel. Do you know if there's a way to get the hd channel to show up? I have the hd channel at the reciever.

Several questions here. What receiver are you using? What type of timer did you set? Did you select the program from the guide on the HD channel?
also if you are recording it on a sub channel from OTA the info might say it is in HD like it does for mine but the sub channel is on SD.

I'm not using an ota antenna. Just all through the dish. I think that's what you're saying. A lot of this stuff is new to me.

I just found something out. If I click on smallville online then it gives me a drop down that says kasw 8342. Is that my hd channel?

Ok, my bad. I don't even get that channel in hd. I thought I got them all. Does anybody get the CW in hd? I thought I was done with the stinking antenna.

Ok, my bad. I don't even get that channel in hd. I thought I got them all. Does anybody get the CW in hd? I thought I was done with the stinking antenna.

In San Jose,Ca only way to get CW in HD is to get it over the antenna. Maybe you can get a
OTA module for your 722k. If that is CW is in HD over the air in your area.

Yeah, it does come in hd ota. I can do that I guess. Still got the channel master in the garage. Does that integrate right in with the guide and dvr? Luckily that's one of the channels I got pretty good reception with.

Yes, it will be in the dish guide once you add the antenna and scan for available channels.