recorded shows end to soon!!!!!

This happens when the network has a delay...particularily on the weekend where there are sports going on earlier in the day. I don't know of any way to add time on the timer without doing it across all timers and it would cause a problem if you are recording a different channel immediately following the event that was pre-maturely stoped.

CBS on the weekends has been unreliable for what, like the past 35 years or more. Whatever sports they have on WILL run over and cause everything else to be delayed, you can count on it.

The networks run the shows long on purpose (to mess up recordings), they (the advertisers) want you to watch them live.

Last edited:
CBS on the weekends has been unreliable for what, like the past 35 years or more. Whatever sports they have on WILL run over and cause everything else to be delayed, you can count on it.

This is true, one of the last things you can really count on in this world is to have to set up a manual timer for Cold Case & Shark :)

Change your 1 minute over to 5 or 10 minutes over and make it the default. I did that for The Shield and a couple other shows that would spillover into the next hour.

All my sports default to 1 hour over.

That would work unless you have a timer executing on another channel.

I expect to miss a couple of minutes on ABC and CBS if I have a timer firing correctly on NBC.

Mike

What shows are you missing a minute or two from because I haven't seen that yet but I'd be interested to know which ones they are.

Thanks.

A couple of recent examples:

Thursday, CSI on CBS regularly is cut short when ER on NBC starts.

Friday, Women's Murder Club on ABC is cut short when Las Vega on NBC starts.

If both cases that I remembered, the NBC show is starting at the correct time. It's the other networks running long.

Mike

this had been corrected with L444,but returned L445.

On my 722 DVR I can set the start & end time for various times. I notice that on this DVR if it's a sports event there is a box you can check that automatically adds another 60 minutes on the end time.

I set all my regular programs for 1 minute extra on both ends and have no problems. Does your DVR allow you to adjust the settings?

Yes, but that does little good with a single tuner unit like the 508 when you have a following timer on another channel.

Mike

Yes. In that case I would choose which show was more imp. to me OR get a 2 tuner DVR. I had a single tuner DVR for 2 yrs. & I wished I had gotten a DVR with 2 tuners. This time I went for the VIP-722 to avoid any problems. I also have an OTA roof antenna that pulls in my locals & fortunately for me most of the shows I watch are on local chs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)