Recorded TV shows

DishInstallAdam

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
Iowa
Are recorded tv shows that are tranfered to a EHD from a 722HD going to be compatible with the new Hopper, if I plug one in will it recognize the media?

DishInstallAdam

Mine did from a 922 but the little icons/thumbnails art for each program for the most part are missing. I hopeful the latest SW update, which I do not have on that Hopper addresses the bug.

Yeah so far 3 out of 7 of my EHDs that were originally on 722Ks are working OK... Only problems are as 356B said no thumbs and also sometimes it throws error code 00 or something like that when I try to play. Playing again the second time works though. I think it has to do with the sleep mode on the drives.

Yeah so far 3 out of 7 of my EHDs that were originally on 722Ks are working OK... Only problems are as 356B said no thumbs and also sometimes it throws error code 00 or something like that when I try to play. Playing again the second time works though. I think it has to do with the sleep mode on the drives.
Mine too, what do you mean sleep mode?

A lot of my EHDs spin down when they've been inactive for 10-15 mins. The Hopper seems to throw an error while waiting for the drives to spin back up. Once the drive is spun up, luckily it works the second time you try to play the recording. Never had this issue on my 722Ks though...

I never had the "00 Error" happen with a 922 either. I do seem to remember thumbnails issues with the 922, but they eventually went away. Perhaps these anomalies will also....in time. :rolleyes:

... also sometimes it throws error code 00 or something like that when I try to play. Playing again the second time works though. I think it has to do with the sleep mode on the drives.
Yes, I'd agree Hopper's timeout is not allowing an external drive spin up before throwing an error. IIRC, that's one thing they are fixing in S209 (also in S208). My 922 did not time out when the EHD had spun down and took extra time to begin playing. It just took 5-6 seconds before playback started. It was a long enough time that I'd wonder if the receiver had crashed so an alert would be a good idea ("waiting for External Drive").

I've run into an issue where everything I have on my EHD that were transferred from my 722 when trying to play on my Hopper state that playback has completed and I cannot get it to start over. Anybody else have this issue?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts