Recording a PPV

rodbender777

Original poster
Dec 27, 2006
I just recorded my first PPV event. Now I'm wondering if I get charged again if I watch it off of my DVR. The DVR menu says it is a locked event and there is that $ sign on the info page. So I'm wondering If I get charged again.

Nope - you can watch it again & again without charge. We do this all the time - maybe my wife & I watch it first & then the Kids at some later time. Any time we order a PPV, we always record it in case we want to watch it again, or in case we have a living room full of teenagers in the next couple of weeks that need something to do.

Don't know why it is a "Locked Event" in the list.

No, it automatically goes to the record screen, but you have to select yes to make it happen.

What do you mean "protected", do you mean copy protected cannot be recorded onto tape?

It means it won't be erased if you run out of hard disk space. When that happens, the oldest recordings start getting erased, unless they are protected.

this is another reason the VOD is bs, u cant pay 3.99 for the regualar sat version of the movie and record it. then watch over and over and over again lol.

With VOD u pay 4.99 to rent it and then i think (correct me if im wrong) after the 24hrs u have to pay again.

Nope - you can watch it again & again without charge. We do this all the time - maybe my wife & I watch it first & then the Kids at some later time. Any time we order a PPV, we always record it in case we want to watch it again, or in case we have a living room full of teenagers in the next couple of weeks that need something to do.

Don't know why it is a "Locked Event" in the list.

Is this true of all PPV titles? I was thinking of purchasing the HBO show on the 6th of all the Nascar stars running on the dirt from Eldora but I have a business meeting that night. If I purchase it and set my 622 to record it I will be able to watch it later?

Is this true of all PPV titles? I was thinking of purchasing the HBO show on the 6th of all the Nascar stars running on the dirt from Eldora but I have a business meeting that night. If I purchase it and set my 622 to record it I will be able to watch it later?

Yep over and over. too your little hearts content.

enjoy.