recording all upcomming episodes

rodlloyd

Original poster
Jul 6, 2004
I just got my system install - cool. I have used TIVO in the past. My question is how do I set it to record ALL upcomming episodes and not just weekly, daily or M-F

what is the diferance between DVR setting and AUTO

Dish's DVR's at the moment are more like VCR's in that they're set to record a particular time slot. Tivo uses a name based system which records a show by name no matter what time it's on. What you are specifically refering to is Season Pass which will record an entire season of a particular show.

Dish will be adding these features (NBR) later this year....so they say.

rodlloyd said:
But what is the diferance between DVR setting and AUTO
Read you instruction manual or ask your installer/seller. Auto is autotune it changes the channel automatically but dosen't record. DVR records the program. If you want to record a program with multiple episodes, use search then program each episode into the timers. Pain in the butt method but the closest that DISH comes to a TiVo "WISHLIST/SEASON PASS". :(

AJF said:
Dish's DVR's at the moment are more like VCR's in that they're set to record a particular time slot. Tivo uses a name based system which records a show by name no matter what time it's on. What you are specifically refering to is Season Pass which will record an entire season of a particular show.

Dish will be adding these features (NBR) later this year....so they say.

Yeah all the buzz here on the dish forum says this fall so maybe we're getting closer.

Bob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)