sound then picture disappeared

jynx

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
Sound sudden;y disappeared today from my 811. After checking all connections, making sure it wasn't the TV (sound worked on broadcast - but not through the 811) went to info screen to write down Smart Card number and then picture went also. 811 didn't respond to manual shut down or remote shut down. Before I could unplug the thing screen came back on - went through a transponder check (I think) then an info download. Now everything's fine. Is this a precursor of things to come or normal for this unit? I've had it for about a month now and no problems at all - replaced a 6000 with it.
jynx

Sounds like you may very well have a bad unit. I haven't heard of the 811 doing these things of course I might have missed a thread or two. My advice is to call dish and ask to have your call escalated to an engineer. They would know if any of your symptoms have been reported by another customer.

Now of course you should try all of the reset tricks listed here on the forums such as a power off and unplugging it from the power source and if that doesn't cure it then call.

Bob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts