Recording and remote viewing on joey question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AlaJoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
I know this has been answered but I cant find it.

The hopper has three tuners. The joeys use the hoppers tuners. If you have two joeys hooked up and you are watching live tv in all three locations you can not DVR anything right?

Of the criticisms posted most of which I either don't agree with, or feel you have to use it first to decide, this fact to me is a limitation that might not sit well. While I don't think that many families will find they need three TV's watching three live shows and also want to record, it does go back to my hesitation, that you don't have at least one other receiver on the system. That would give you a backup and allow at least one more tuner for recording. I will point out however when the OTA USB is available that will be another tuner, and if during prime time, four programs are recording with two (or three with OTA) tuners available. Also most all channels not including the Four Networks repeat shows at various times including within a couple of hours of the orginal airing. Movie channels such as HBO have numerous times of catching a show or movie even just with just the East and West feed. So with the four networks able to record at the same time, this may not be as big a limitation as it first appears.
A solution would be to pay $7 more a month for a second Hopper, adding three (or four) more tuners, once the software is available for the Hoppers to be integrated. But it appears you would have pay a one time charge for it also.

A solution would be to pay $7 more a month for a second Hopper, adding three (or four) more tuners, once the software is available for the Hoppers to be integrated. But it appears you would have pay a one time charge for it also.
There wouldn't be any addtional monthly because the second Hopper would just replace a Joey. There would be the additional up front charge, but for new business I think that is the most likely fee to change. I predict a second Hopper will be $99 with new business promos after a few quarters, it all depends on what kind of activity they see. Somehow doubt we would see a change for existing customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)