Recording canceled by user

mojoe4

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
Denver CO
Help!

One hopper no joeys. On nights when all three tuners are going to be used for recording and I am watch a show off the dvr sometimes the hopper will miss recording a show . When I go back a on the daily schedule for the dvr it says recording canceled by user. But I never canceled it.

I also find it weird that if you are watching live tv and it needs to switch the channel to start a recording, it ask you to allow the recording. On the 922 it would just give you a warning that it was about to switch the channel, you didn't have to approve it. I think this could be why I am missing recordings because I don't see the allow window pop up if I am watch something off the dvr.

Anyone else have this issue? Any fix for it? Am I missing a setting?

Same here when all three tuners are recording and you have a timer set to record right after one of the recordings finish. Really frustrating.

Hopefully, now that two hoppers can see each other, it might not happen since I turned PTAT off for my hopper. Frees up a tuner and might help out if it stays free and a skipped program doesn't take PTAT's spot?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If it is asking permission to record, and it won't unless you answer yes, I would let a DIRT member know so they can report it. That needs to be changed otherwise programs will be missed on a regular basis. Doesn't make sense unless there is more going on that influences it somehow.

I have gotten this issue a couple times and always thought it was something i did.......back of my mind i was thinking i didnt do anything though

It happened again last night! I can't believe more people aren't having this issue.
How do I report it to a DIRT member?

The person on now is Zach.
Go to the main forum page, at the botttom it lists everyone who is online now, the ones in RED are Dish CSR's. Click it.

I have experienced this a couple of times. When it happened to me this seemed to be the case:
Had all 3 tuners recording and was watching back a dvr event. When the DVR event ended in the middle of the all 3 tuners recording, the system automatically brought up the tuner index screen and allowed me to choose which tuner to "watch" live. If I picked a tuner that happened to have another recording slated immediately following the end of the event it was currently recording, it would skip that next event (and show as cancelled by user in -xx- location). I think this is what happened. I am now diligent in any situation like this to check the timer list to make sure everything else is still slated to record.

I've been experiencing this "cancelled by user" every night and it usually happens when I'm not even using the hopper or Joey. Additionally the cancelled shows so not tape when it airs later. Has anyone been able to figure out the cause and/or a fix?

damorin04072 said:
I've been experiencing this "cancelled by user" every night and it usually happens when I'm not even using the hopper or Joey. Additionally the cancelled shows so not tape when it airs later. Has anyone been able to figure out the cause and/or a fix?

I am actually seeing this on my 922. The 722 would automatically forgoe the end 3 minutes late. Possibly a software thing. I have had to cancel timers and then setup again to resolve properly. Lame lol

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

rdinkel said:
Check your start early and overrun extra minutes. If you are recording three shows, but have time overlap due to start/end padding, you will not have enough tuners.

Correct but the Hopper should know that and it should have skipped the recording rather than put it in the schedule only to say it was canceled. If it would record the repeat of a show it would be fine but it doesn't.

Last night mine didn't record weeds because a show ending at 9:05 and two other timers fired at 9:00. It showed in the scheduled recordings to be recorded but didn't and didn't record the encore later. Really frustrating sometimes.

sethwell said:
Correct but the Hopper should know that and it should have skipped the recording rather than put it in the schedule only to say it was canceled. If it would record the repeat of a show it would be fine but it doesn't.

Last night mine didn't record weeds because a show ending at 9:05 and two other timers fired at 9:00. It showed in the scheduled recordings to be recorded but didn't and didn't record the encore later. Really frustrating sometimes.

Agreed, it should be skipping due to priority at the very least instead of canceling by user. Priority skip will trigger a recording of the next airing, but since it is canceling it does not. Like I said, same issue on the 922. Noticed it happening for a few weeks now.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)