Recording Cut short but shows full length timer

I don't have an ext. hd so that is not the issue for me. Plus they occured in the middle of the night (but not at re-boot time)

I have 3 so far on my 722k in the last two months. Never ONCE had it on my 622, 722 or HR20 with Directv.

Hopefully Dish is working on a SW fix for the blank recordings.

Had this happen yesterday when I DVR'd the Tour de France. Timer said it had 3:30 but the recording stopped soon after the 2 hour mark.

No known weather or power issues.

VIP 722
F/w L618

Well, I goofed last night and deleted a show off the EHD while the 722k was recording ep 1 of Wild Pacific. Of course that fracked the recording. Cmon dish :mad:

I'll just add that some software bugs are somewhat tolerable, but this bug that won't record the entire TV show you really want to watch is OUTRAGEOUS. What is the point having the DVR if won't record all of the show. Dish, fix this one stupid bug, NOW, please.

I have two 722s. One is free of this problem the other is not. In fact it has occurred at least three times, one of which was the F-1 qualification races last weekend (stopping with about 52 minutes left...same as other poster???). Fortunatley it was rebroadcast later in the day.

I spoke to the brain trust at Dish and they were completely unaware of the issue and forwarded to to the super-brain trust for analysis.

BTW the 722 in question is a several month old refurb which is still running L619 while the one without problems is at L621....maybe a clue.

I have a 722k with L652, and this began with the EHD. 2 out of 3 times, when you delete from the EHD, the tuner goes black. When you are recording and this happens, you lose the recording. Its easy to produce, so Dish has to know their is an issue.

I have a 722k with L652, and this began with the EHD. 2 out of 3 times, when you delete from the EHD, the tuner goes black. When you are recording and this happens, you lose the recording. Its easy to produce, so Dish has to know their is an issue.

FYI, my situation explained in post #28 does not include an external HDD.

I find it weird. Could be the 622/722 is a similiar problem to the 722k, but the 722k seems to be an EHD issue.

They are diff SW, so that could explain it.

I have not had a repeat of this issue since may. Maybe luck, maybe i'm not recording as much now that re-runs are here, or maybe it went away. Who knows. 2 of my 3 issues were with F1 on speedSD.

it popped up again on the deadliest catch finale. Luckily it's on about 50 times so i had it record again and it was fine.

I have been having the same problem and Smith, P told me in another thread that it was my external hard drive on my 211 that was the problem. I bought a new one and will hook it up tomorrow. We will see.

no external HDD for me. I have heard of programs being cut off if deleting from the ext. hdd while recording but that's definately not my problem because most of mine happened while no one was using the TV.

The new hard drive did not work either. Same problem. Talked Dish into sending me a refurbished 211 with threats of leaving. They insisted it was the hard drive. Got the 211 and have same problem. New hard drive, same problem, New 211, same problem. Recordings cut short or do not record. Massive pixelation on OTA channels with good signal strength onjly on recordings. Watych live and picture is fine. Has to be a software problem. CSR entered a software bug log to the software people. Now, I wait two years for them to maybe fix it. XHD on 211 is useless. Maybe they will give me my $39 bucks back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts