Recording demands live viewing tuner.

Jon J

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2005
Music City, USA
Trying to relate what happened today is confusing but this morning just before 7 AM while I was watching a local network station a popup advised me that a scheduled recording was about to start and I had to choose between continuing live viewing of the local station on the current tuner or recording the scheduled event on that tuner. I chose recording and the H3 dutifully switched to TNT on the live tuner and began recording. Assuming I had other tuners available I then tried bring up the program guide...no dice. Tried switching to another channel...no luck. Tried bringing up the program guide...no luck. The receiver was absolutely determined to use that tuner to record and not give it up and allow me to select a live program elsewhere.

I continued trying to switch between tuners and change channels there and something, I am not sure what, finally worked. I confirmed the scheduled recording was recording and I was able to use the input button to change tuners as usual. I am not sure what happened, why it happened or why it stopped but is was a confusing few minutes.

I do not have PTAT enabled but I suppose the live network program I was viewing was coming from the PTAT dedicated tuner. Maybe that had something to do with it.

Red button and select an available tuner, then you should be able to retune your live program. (Hopper or Hopper with Sling. If it's Hopper3, I've never seen that problem.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)