Recording Issues - MLB Extra Innings

dougmcbride

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 10, 2004
I have friends whom I convinced to switch to Dish from DirecTV when they went to a HD set, in order to take advantage of Dish's expanded HD offerings. They got a 622 and for the most part have had minimal issues with the exception of MLB EI. Apparently when recording games off of MLB EI, they see a phenomenon where the whole game doesn't get recorded - it just stops, or in some cases before the recording is over, just ends or skips to the end or in some cases, back to the beginning. In other cases the recording stops, then the rest of the game shows up in a recording following the bad one (also from MLB EI).

This is pretty frustrating for them as they are fanatical baseball folks. It's frustrating for me since I recommended they switch to Dish from D* where they had a SD DVR and never saw any recording issues. This is their 2nd 622 as we tried replacing it to see if it was a hardware problem. Both 622s behaved essentially the same.

Has anyone here seen or had difficulty with the MLB EI stuff on a 622 or other Dish DVR? I thought I had read some time ago other folks were experiencing this same issue. Anyone figure out a cure if they have had the issue?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Doug

dougmcbride said:
Has anyone here seen or had difficulty with the MLB EI stuff on a 622 or other Dish DVR? I thought I had read some time ago other folks were experiencing this same issue. Anyone figure out a cure if they have had the issue?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Doug

Doug,

I had the same issue with my original 622. I had to RMA my 622 because of a USB issue with PocketDish and the new one doesn't have the EI issue anymore . The CSR's won't RMA for that reason so when something else happens with the receiver have them RMA right away and it should clear up the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)