Recording on the Micro HD

ZandarKoad

Amish Satellite Technician
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 13, 2005
Nashville, TN
The product page says that you can record two shows at once and watch a third. Can you record three shows as long as you are watching the third? Also, how is this possible? Is there more than one tuner or something in the MicroHD? How does it record two shows at once WHILE watching a third? I'm assuming you'd record to an external hard drive or USB jump drive.

Yep has to be on the same bird and the same transponder. So for example on the RTV mux on 83W Ku, you could record RTV and TUFFTV while you watch PBJE.

Yes you can record 2 shows and watch a 3rd as long as they are on the same transponder
You can record two shows and watch something from the hard drive too

from my review

Recording something is very easy and you can record two things at once as long as it’s the same transponder. If you try and record a 3rd you get a popup that says “Unable to record 3rd channel”. If you are recording something the receiver allows you to scroll through the other channels on the transponder (if there are some) but it wont let you move off that transponder. So as example when I was recording TuffTV the only channels I could go through using the up down arrows were PBJ & RTV. .

and the pics :)

Attachments

• 26.JPG
    26.JPG
    826.4 KB · Views: 180
  • 27.JPG
    27.JPG
    870.9 KB · Views: 185
Have you tired to the record reelz channel on c-band?

I have a stack of old recycled 3.5" IDE HDDs that I plan to try in my powered external enclosure for a DVR test with the micro to see how it works. Everything I've recorded using a USB stick worked great. I wanted to see if it keep up with some of the higher bitrate feeds that my Diamond won't without stuttering. If it works out, I'll leave it connected like my Dish EHD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)