Recording problem with Tivo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dsam

Original poster
Jun 27, 2004
I have a 322 connected to Tivo. I set it to record programs telecast on a channel and that TV is always tuned to that channel. (It is in our basement gym and is used few times a week, about 30 min each). I do not watch any other channel on that TV.
Occasionally it records correctly the program that is set up on Tivo season pass but more commonly it records only the dish network screensaver (dish logo rotating around the screen). It used to work fine when I had cableTV (Charter).
Any suggestions ?

thanks

dsam said:
I have a 322 connected to Tivo. I set it to record programs telecast on a channel and that TV is always tuned to that channel. (It is in our basement gym and is used few times a week, about 30 min each). I do not watch any other channel on that TV.
Occasionally it records correctly the program that is set up on Tivo season pass but more commonly it records only the dish network screensaver (dish logo rotating around the screen). It used to work fine when I had cableTV (Charter).
Any suggestions ?

thanks

The TIVO cannot push the power button.. The recievers TV1 must be on in order for the TIVO to change the channel and start recording. And even if you are on the channel it still punches it in before it records.

The short answer is that the receiver shuts itself off at the scheduled update time. Set a time to tune in the station you want one hour after that time.

This should solve your problem.

mrschwarz said:
The short answer is that the receiver shuts itself off at the scheduled update time. Set a time to tune in the station you want one hour after that time.

This should solve your problem.

The 322 shuts itself off but the 311 doesnt? thats odd.. you cant even set the update time on the 311. or the 510 from what Ive found.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)