recording program in the rain

jmw194

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 3, 2008
Brooklyn
I was dvr-ing the olympic trials on universal hd yesterday when a big ol' swath of severe weather cut through the cleveland area. I was watching something else and had complete LOS. The red recording light blazed away even as the dish was being pelted by hail. Tonight my wife watched the event, and we saw some pixelation that tends to show up right before LOS. To my surprise, there was (as far as we could tell), no loss of programming. Even though I know I lost signal for at least a half hour.

Is this normal or did we actually lose a half hour-ish of programming? I just wonder if we did lose programming if it went away and came back during commercial.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

when I got a signal back on another channel, I hit pip to see what was going on with what I was dvr-ing, and in the pip window it said it was trying to access a signal. Could universal HD be on more than one bird? I am in cleveland and am not pointed at 61.5

Thanks in advance

If you lose signal, the blank time is not recorded even though it is "recording". So the video would appear seemless except for a jump in frames/audio. It would stop recording when you lose it, then start again as soon as the signal comes back. Most likely, right where it starts pixellating is where the missing portion is.

when I got a signal back on another channel, I hit pip to see what was going on with what I was dvr-ing, and in the pip window it said it was trying to access a signal. Could universal HD be on more than one bird? I am in cleveland and am not pointed at 61.5

Thanks in advance

Its on 61.5 and 129.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)