Recording to a DVR 522

kirkdj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2004
I have a 811 HD receiver that I have OTA local channels setup for. Is it possible to record from the 811 HD to a 522 DVR? (I know it won't be a hd recording)

Please explain that hookup. Now both are setup on the same tv, side by side, and each has a sat. feed. The 811 HD has the OTA setup on it for HD signals, also both boxes are receiving digital locals over the sat. dish. I would like to eliminate my locals over the sat. dish and just use my OTA signal.....but I need to be able to record from my 811 ota channels. I was told that the DVR 522 will not recognize OTA channels, is this true? Can I record from a different output on the 811 to an aux input on the 522?

No, the DVR522 does not record from any outside source.

The 811 does have timer capability for automatic recording on a VCR, however. I record movies that play in the wee hours on my S-VHS VCR all the time.

And, BTW, it isn't what you asked but you can connect the DVR522 to the back-panel inputs of your 811 and watch it that way, too, either by selecting it from the GUIDE or typing in the CH # 0001 or 0002.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)