Recording-viewing options on the 622

randym431

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 29, 2004
Still looking into switching to dish for the HD voom channels.
And the drop from 299 to 199 for the 622 is nifty!!!
So.....
If you are recording off the OTA, can you let that recording continue in the background while you watch a satellite channel on tv1?

Also, with the tv1 tv2 setup, if you are at tv1 and a recording starts up, and no one is watching tv2, can you temp change the 622 to free up that second tv2 tuner so you can watch something else on tv1 while a recording is going on?
Is it just a simple setting adjustment on the 622 via the remote, and possible to deactivate tv2, giving tv1 two tuners to switch viewing?

I am spoiled with D* having two tuners on each receiver. And a D* receiver for each tv, unllike dish that "shares" one receiver box.

But if someone setup up a recording on tv1, and naturally the channel changes to grab that recording, it would be nice and acceptable if I could go in and change the dish 622 settings so I could watch that second tuner on tv1 (with no one watching the tv2 at the time). Can this be "swapped" as easy as I am thinking, in your easy chair using the remote?

Last edited:
Yes the OTA will record while you are watching sat on tv1. You can set the 622 so that all timers automatically default to tuner2 so tv1 is always free unless you have multiple items recording at the same time. If you are in single mode the 622 acts pretty much just like the Directv dvrs