Recording

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

larrybone

Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
Cranberry Township, PA
Nothing recorded from this morning. Red dot shows it is being recorded but not showing up on hopper. Under schedule it shows "to be recorded" for shows that start at 5 am now 7:20. Can't record anything new. Reset hopper pulled plug nothing works.

Seems like this might be something bigger than just isolated hardware/software incidents, with several similar reports popping up this morning.

Reactions: buist
Yeah, just checked, search isn't working on my H3 this morning either, and I had the same problem with programs that should have recorded. After a reboot I can record programs again, but search still doesn't work. Sounds like Dish has something really screwed up - I assume they know?

Something very weird is going on. 2 of my H3's aren't firing timers and they think that they're going to fire even though the time has passed. Can't edit timers either. Reboots haven't helped.

Can anyone confirm that Dish is aware of the issue? I am imagining people calling tech support at Dish and support people having the customers do the standard reboot, unplug, etc. and then arranging for their H3 to be replaced., unaware this is a system wide problem.

More data (back home) - I have Good Morning America set to record, and when I look at my DVR I have numerous recordings, each only about 2 minutes long, for this morning's show.

Something is totally screwed up. I set a timer for another program which started at 8:30,and it didn't start recording until about 8:45.

Can anyone confirm that Dish is aware of the issue? I am imagining people calling tech support at Dish and support people having the customers do the standard reboot, unplug, etc. and then arranging for their H3 to be replaced., unaware this is a system wide problem.
Yes, they are aware. I spent the entire super bowl speaking with Dish. Fun times! Again this morning.

This is not fun (yes, I realize there are more pressing issues to worry with in the world, but as far as enjoying my Hopper 3 the past 24 hours, I have not).

OK, doing some testing this morning, so far it looks like recordings are working again, and I set a timer up for something that has multiple shows in a row (Andy Griffith, LOL!) just to test that, and it seems to be working.

Search, however, is still only coming up with channels and not shows. Hopefully they are aware of that also.

(BTW - is there an email address that works to make Dish tech people - not just the front line ones with the standard reboot, etc. replies - aware of such issues?)

Some H3's are working fine although most aren't. The ones that aren't working are messing up in different ways for different units. What a Monday morning cluster .... . :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
Some H3's are working fine although most aren't. The ones that aren't working are messing up in different ways for different units. What a Monday morning cluster .... . :)

Yeah, mine was one that was totally screwed up this morning when I got up. Glad the recording part seems to be back to normal (so far.) Doesn't make logical sense that some H3s would have the problems and others wouldn't though, since the problem is clearly on their side.

Yeah, mine was one that was totally screwed up this morning when I got up. Glad the recording part seems to be back to normal (so far.) Doesn't make logical sense that some H3s would have the problems and others wouldn't though, since the problem is clearly on their side.

Agreed, but that's the way it is. I've got 3 H3's here. One is working normally with all timers and recordings in tact. The other 2 are really messed up. The phones have been ringing with similar problems all morning from customers.

Agreed, but that's the way it is. I've got 3 H3's here. One is working normally with all timers and recordings in tact. The other 2 are really messed up. The phones have been ringing with similar problems all morning from customers.

Hey, I'm not going to argue logic when the fix for my firmware upgrade being stuck in a non-stop look was unpairing my 40 remote! ;)

Reactions: JSheridan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)