Recordings shutting off during playback

naccoachbob

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
Nacogdoches, Tx
I've recorded a lot of shows, mostly on CBS, though not all, and sometimes when I watch the show while the program is still recording from my timer, it will stop playback near the end. At that point, I'm only able to re-start, but even when I do, it stops in the same place, usually with 10 or less minutes remaining in the program.
For example, we always set up NCIS to record. It started at 7:00 PM local. I went to my remote about 7:15 or so, selected the recording for that episode, and started watching it from the beginning. About 4 minutes before the end, the recording stopped, and the receiver took me back to my selection of recordings.
Now, I've found that I can unplug the receiver, plug it back up, wait for it to cycle, and then start the recording again. At that point I fast forward to the spot where it had stopped before, and can continue to watch the rest of the show.
Again, I mostly notice it on CBS, but don't think it's just that channel. I seem to remember it happening on other channels. Also, it only seems to occur if I'm watching a previously set up program while the program is still on. If I had waited until after 8PM to watch this show, it would have done just fine.
Is this a faulty receiver? Does it happen to others? What can I do about it?
Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Bob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)