recovery kit

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Indiana627

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
Vestal, NY
Follow up question. I want to replace one of my slow HR21 with a new HR24, which I will buy online to get what I want. The HR21 is leased, so when I call to activate the HR24/deactivate the HR21, I assume D* will want the HR21 back. Where will they send the return box for it: to my billing address or service address? Obviously I'd want it sent to my billing address. Will they do that if I ask them to? Or do they have to send it to the service address?

Follow up question. I want to replace one of my slow HR21 with a new HR24, which I will buy online to get what I want. The HR21 is leased, so when I call to activate the HR24/deactivate the HR21, I assume D* will want the HR21 back. Where will they send the return box for it: to my billing address or service address? Obviously I'd want it sent to my billing address. Will they do that if I ask them to? Or do they have to send it to the service address?

You should not have any problems requesting to have it sent to your billing address.

broke posts off of a different thread. Didnt understand why someone brought up an old thread to ask a question that had nothing to do with the topic ;)

anywho yes they can send it to the billing address. Done that twice here

They would not send mine to my billing address. I just went through this a month or so ago. I was forced to have it sent to my service address (they gave me big time grief over this) This forced me to move back and loose my out of town locals. If thats the way Direct wants to play, fine. I now save the out of state sales tax. If I were you I would make sure about this since if they don't get the receiver back in a certain amount of time. I think it was 15 days from when they send the recovery kit out they will charge your credit card on file.

Also when they changed my locals back I lost all my locals the next day. When I called they said there was some problem with my dish. Then I talked them into a rehit and did a reboot and got my true locals back. I did not have a pleasant experience with the whole situation. This all started because I lost my access card access one night and they diagnosed my problem wrong. They told me I needed a new STB. The one they sent was a referb and had video issues. All my original box needed was a rehit, which I diagnosed myself. I sent back their new bad box and went through all the grief above because of a mis diagnosed issue of a rehit by Direct. I also lost my out of town locals and RSN's now :frown:

Last edited:
I have had them send them to my work address as well, which wasn't the billing or service address with no problem. Sounds like some CSRs may be over sensitive to a shipping address.

I had no issues getting a recovery kit and a replacement receiver sent to the billing address. As Jason noted some CSR's may be "over sensitive" or maybe they're just block heads ;)

I had no issues getting a recovery kit and a replacement receiver sent to the billing address. As Jason noted some CSR's may be "over sensitive" or maybe they're just block heads ;)

She got really huffy with me saying that I wasn't suppose to move my equipment or have 2 addresses. It was living hell to get her to redo the recovery kit to send it to my real address. She said that the computer automatically sends it to the service address and no changes can be made. So I had to be at one address for everything. I had no choice but to believe her and do what she said. Was I lied to? maybe but at least with everything on the up & up now address wise. I won't have to deal with some block head again for that.

well I can point out the rep didnt know then what she was doing

She got really huffy with me saying that I wasn't suppose to move my equipment or have 2 addresses.
what about those people that have a PO Box as their billing address?

It was living hell to get her to redo the recovery kit to send it to my real address. She said that the computer automatically sends it to the service address and no changes can be made. So I had to be at one address for everything. I had no choice but to believe her and do what she said. Was I lied to? maybe but at least with everything on the up & up now address wise. I won't have to deal with some block head again for that.
when I got a recovery kit I could have sworn it was automatically sent to the billing address providing it wasnt a PO Box. I know when they sent me a replacement receiver I asked them to send it to the billing and they did. When I upgraded to HD I had to "move" back as they had to come out :)

OK thanks for the feedback. Sounds like it shouldn't be too big of a deal. Now just to decide whether or not to buy and HR24. Are they really that much better than the HR21s?

3rd vote for yes.

I had 4 HR20s, paid the $200 to upgrade the two I use the most to HR24 and have been quite satisified. The other two aren't used as much, so I tolerate the old HR20s on those.

Significant speed improvements to the user interface.

This was a timely thread - I'm a mover and just ordered an HR24 to replace my dying HR20. I was wondering if I'd have to move back, sounds like not. Thanks guys!

However, if you do OTA channels, you'll want to look into a AM 21 to go with the HR24 as there is no longer any OTA tuners in the newer recvrs.

This was a timely thread - I'm a mover and just ordered an HR24 to replace my dying HR20. I was wondering if I'd have to move back, sounds like not. Thanks guys!
Can you let me know where D* sends the recovery kit for your HR20 - your billing or service address? Thanks.

Jimbo - I know, I ordered one with the 24 from Solid Signal. Open box special!

I literally ordered today, and I've got a few shows to watch on the 20 before I swap. It'll probably be later in the week, but I'll report back.

Jimbo - I know, I ordered one with the 24 from Solid Signal. Open box special!

I literally ordered today, and I've got a few shows to watch on the 20 before I swap. It'll probably be later in the week, but I'll report back.

Cool, another thing you could do is activate the new one and turn off the old one when you get done watching your show.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts