Red Bull Air Races in HD - Not!

bonipie

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2006
Southwest Arizona
Hi, All,
We are huge fans of the Red Bull Air Races. They have always been produced in HD. It is advertised in HD, we watch it in HD in bars - bars that have Direct. We have had HD for years, and enjoyed the Air Races in HD for years. ...until Fox Sports Arizona started carrying it. We have Fox Sports Arizona HD on 415HD, and receive other programming on 415HD in HD. But, Fox Sports Arizona HD does not broadcast the Red Bull Air Races in HD, like Direct does. In the channel offerings of Dish, they count Fox Sports Arizona HD as one of their HD channels, so why don't they broadcast Red Bull Air Races in HD? Any ideas? Someone at Dish said that "well, they broadcast some things in HD and some not." Wow, what a good reason. Since we don't see any reason why they don't broadcast in HD, we really would like an actual reason why not?? Anyone? Thanks, Boni

OK, so no one knows why Fox Sports Az doesn't broadcast Red Bull Air Races in HD. So, a couple of questions-does anyone get the air races in HD, not in the Az area? So, is it Fox Sports Az, or is it Dish? This is starting to bumm us out-new season coming. First, it was Speed HD took 13 years coming, now this. Thanks, Boni

Thanks for the reply, Sam. We missed this last Friday because we are travelling, but did see it at a restaurant on Direct in HD. I have looked at the FSA schedule, but also can't figure out what bold is. If it was in HD, it would be the first one. I think they don't do this truth in advertising 'thingy'. We'll keep watching. It's amazing these days that you can't call companies these days and get a straight answer-just a 'do not reply' email, or a CSR in India. Thanks, Boni

OK, so no one knows why Fox Sports Az doesn't broadcast Red Bull Air Races in HD. So, a couple of questions-does anyone get the air races in HD, not in the Az area? So, is it Fox Sports Az, or is it Dish? This is starting to bumm us out-new season coming. First, it was Speed HD took 13 years coming, now this. Thanks, Boni

It is very likely Dish. The HD RSN channels are typically only turned on for college basketball and football and pro sports. I get a lot of HD programming on FS Tennessee with Comcast that I don't on Dish. Ignoring the fact that FS Tennessee is only an alternate channel on Dish anyway... Most of the programming comes from FS South, but Dish only lights up the HD feed for pro or college sports as far as I can tell. It is a bandwidth issue. They are launching new satellites in the near future, so maybe the RSNs will go full time HD in a year or two. Right now you'll miss quite a bit on those channels. It is a way to keep most people happy and work within their current limitations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)