Red Sox have best fans in US, Forbes.com says

There is no where else in baseball I can think of where you're that close to the action in an outfield seat.

It's only 310' down the left field line!!

fenway_park.gif

Wrigley Field is VERY close....I am not saying better, just closer in my estimation. And you are not 40 feet high.

Simply cannot compare the bleacher seats at Dodger Stadium to the seats on top of the Green Monster. Completely different world, you are right on top of the action at Fenway. In Dodger Stadium bleachers you are halfway to Santa Monica.

Sandra
Actually, Santa Monica is the other direction. :p

Top deck at Dodger stadium are only $7 and you are directly above the action

All of the bleacher seats are $5?? And they still don't sell out!! :eek:

Plus, the Monster seats are not bleacher seats. Like I said before:
If there stadium was as small as Fenway, they too would sell out every game. Remember, they never draw less than what Fenway holds and draw the most fans in the NL just about every single year

Actually, Santa Monica is the other direction. :p

Top deck at Dodger stadium are only $7 and you are directly above the action

OK, halfway to Ventura. Or Magic Mountain. Isn't the outfield in the north part of the stadium? :p

Please don't compare the top deck at Dodger Stadium to the Green Monster seats. Just don't.

Sandra

If there stadium was as small as Fenway, they too would sell out every game. Remember, they never draw less than what Fenway holds and draw the most fans in the NL just about every single year
Sure, the MLB attendance metric is tickets sold, but when you take into account the 20% no-show figure, their listed attendance average of 44,700 becomes 35,760. If you have watched any games at Fenway, you would be hard pressed to find a lot of empty seats there...

Dodgers' attendance isn't always what it seems - Page 2 - Los Angeles Times

Sure, the MLB attendance metric is tickets sold, but when you take into account the 20% no-show figure, their listed attendance average of 44,700 becomes 35,760. If you have watched any games at Fenway, you would be hard pressed to find a lot of empty seats there...

OK, but if seating capacity is approx. 36k + at Fenway....and Dodgers stadium states SOLD tickets is 44K+ and you take out 20%....and that equals 35k+...then they are averaging as just as many folks as Fenway... correct?

So if Dodger Stadium had they capacity of Fenway, they would have just as many sellouts as Fenway....correct? LOL!;):p

True...Tickets are still sold. This is how the teams make money. They are more concerned about selling tickets over the number that actually show up.

Keep in mind, most of those are season ticket holders for seats that are not very expensive. Considering the distance many have to travel, it is easy to say, "I don't feel like going today." Heck, I have done that myself. Why would I want to spend 1 hour driving 40 miles for a late starting game, when I can stay home and watch it in HD, and be closer to the action?

Another thing to consider is the seat color. Dodger stadium uses very bright colored seats that do not match the team colors. When seats are empty it is very noticeable. Watch other teams that have dark colored seats or seats that match the colors of their team, and take a serious look at the number of empty seats. You will notice that most of these teams have an ever higher percentage of empty seats, it is just not as noticeable because the seat colors blend into the audience.

Cosmo, people who haven't been to Fenway just don't undersand... ;)

Sandra

I HAVE been to Fenway, MANY times, both personal AND for work related reason, the ONLY section I have not sat in in the Green Monster area. AND I am not disputing it might be special....but if someone feels their experience was better somewhere else...why CAN'T they compare if they have sat in both areas? Give a perfectly good, logical reason and I will agree with you.

I HAVE been to Fenway, MANY times, both personal AND for work related reason, the ONLY section I have not sat in in the Green Monster area. AND I am not disputing it might be special....but if someone feels their experience was better somewhere else...why CAN'T they compare if they have sat in both areas? Give a perfectly good, logical reason and I will agree with you.

Nobody said they can't compare. Compare all you like. My point is that sitting in the bleachers at Dodger Stadium is not the same as sitting on the Green Monster. The price difference between the two was brought up in this thread, and there is a reason for the difference.

Sandra

OK, halfway to Ventura. Or Magic Mountain. Isn't the outfield in the north part of the stadium? :p

Please don't compare the top deck at Dodger Stadium to the Green Monster seats. Just don't.

Sandra
SW to NE orientation.

SoCal is laid out weird. The mountains run West to East, so they lie north of LA. The coast mostly faces south. I live several miles inland, but have to travel south and slightly east to go to my mother-in-laws home on the coast (she is east of me and on the coast). Heck, Reno, NV is further west than LA.

Ventura is North, but it is also much further to the west. The bleachers would be in the direction of Pasadena and the San Fernando Valley.

Yes, the bleacher are much further away from the play than the green monster. The seats are still not worth $100 IMO.

To compare, here are pics that I took in the bleachers during last years game 1 of the NLCS (thank you Claude for the tickets) and during a Pads Dodgers game behind home plate.

The bleacher tickets are $25 for the all you can eat sections and the seats behind home plate were about $120. Much better seats behind home plate, but not 5 times better IMO.

First pic show Lasorda standing up. I have another one with Larry King, I'll post later.

Attachments

• IMG_0108.JPG
    IMG_0108.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0104.JPG
    IMG_0104.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0111.JPG
    IMG_0111.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0126.JPG
    IMG_0126.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0131.JPG
    IMG_0131.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 83
True...Tickets are still sold. This is how the teams make money. They are more concerned about selling tickets over the number that actually show up.
That's too bad because this is one area the Sox have made great strides in by enhancing Fenway Park and the area around it. This has helped increase revenues greatly.

Keep in mind, most of those are season ticket holders for seats that are not very expensive. Considering the distance many have to travel, it is easy to say, "I don't feel like going today." Heck, I have done that myself. Why would I want to spend 1 hour driving 40 miles for a late starting game, when I can stay home and watch it in HD, and be closer to the action?
Really?? That would explain the no-show rate and the well-documented late arrivals and early departers. I live a 2-hour drive to Fenway and I'm disappointed that I can only go 2 times a year max.

Another thing to consider is the seat color. Dodger stadium uses very bright colored seats that do not match the team colors. When seats are empty it is very noticeable. Watch other teams that have dark colored seats or seats that match the colors of their team, and take a serious look at the number of empty seats. You will notice that most of these teams have an ever higher percentage of empty seats, it is just not as noticeable because the seat colors blend into the audience.
We are really just discussing the Dodgers and Sox here, but you can see the empty seats at Fenway too, late in a blowout game, or bad weather, when fans traditionally leave early. Those empty seats can be seen, but normally only in those circumstances...

Nobody said they can't compare. Compare all you like. My point is that sitting in the bleachers at Dodger Stadium is not the same as sitting on the Green Monster. The price difference between the two was brought up in this thread, and there is a reason for the difference.

Sandra

Yes, the difference is, the bleachers at Dodger Stadium came originally with the stadium, the bleacher seats on top of the Green Monster didn't. They have to pay for the renovations somehow.

And as far as "nobody said they can't compare..."

Sandra

You did....

Yes, the difference is, the bleachers at Dodger Stadium came originally with the stadium, the bleacher seats on top of the Green Monster didn't. They have to pay for the renovations somehow.

If you think that is the difference, we'll end it right here.

And as far as "nobody said they can't compare..."

You did....

Actually I was responding to someone else who stated how cheap the Dodger Stadium bleacher seats are compared to the Green Monster seats, but if it makes you feel better to say that go right ahead.

Sandra

Larry King in pic 1 and me on TV at the same game in pic 2

Attachments

• IMG_0109.JPG
    IMG_0109.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 88
  • dodgers.png
    dodgers.png
    91.8 KB · Views: 94
Wrigley Field is VERY close....I am not saying better, just closer in my estimation. And you are not 40 feet high.

Many years ago, it was written in Sports Illustrated that someone used an ariel photograph to determine that the actual distance down the left field line in Fenway Park was only 294 feet. And I have seen too many one-handed home runs in the neighborhood of the 420 foot sign to believe that distance is accurate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts