Red Sox Ramirez is at it again.....

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
Is there ANY TEAM in team sports that kisses the A$$ of their superstar player MORE than the Red Sox kiss Manny A$$??? This guy tells them he is not going to report to spring training(and got he excuse to do so do to "personal family reasons" more than likely, his mother was recently operated on) until March 1st. Now it comes out that he made a commitment to appear at some auto auction in New Jersey. This guy is THE most selfish baseball player in ALL of baseball and makes A-Rod look like a boy scout....which in reality, he is.....cause you never hear him in ANY police blog or 'jaking' it or making BS excuses about when he 'PLANS on showing up'.....and I am in NO WAY an A-Rod fan.

FORT MYERS - Manny Ramirez, who received permission from the Red Sox to report late to spring training for family reasons, was scheduled to attend a car auction in Atlantic City on Saturday, according to the promoter of the auction.

It wasn't immediately clear if the team was aware of Ramirez's scheduled appearance at the Atlantic City Classic Cars Auction. Boston's first full-squad workout is today. Under the collective bargaining agreement, the deadline for players to report to spring training is next Tuesday.

Earlier Wednesday, Boston general manager Theo Epstein said Ramirez has an excused absence and will report on March 1 for the second straight year. On Monday, pitcher Julian Tavarez, Ramirez's close friend, said the slugger's mother recently had surgery and Ramirez was with her in Florida.

But later Wednesday, Ramirez's plans to appear at the car show surfaced in a report posted on The Boston Globe's Web site. It said Ramirez's mother's condition might prevent him from attending - and it wasn't known when the appearance was initially scheduled.

But Louise Cunningham, who works for G. Potter King, the Berlin, N.J., car dealer promoting the auction, told The Associated Press that Ramirez was still expected at the event.

"All we know, he's coming at noon on Saturday, nothing else," she said.

Ramirez is a collector of classic cars. His 1967 four-door Lincoln Continental Sedan convertible is listed in Saturday's auction as number 1747A. In parentheses on the auction list is a note: Owned by Manny Ramirez

http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070222/NEWS/702220499/1002/SPORTS

Wash, Rinse, Repeat........

Manny is just being Manny again.

salsadancer7,

Ummmm,
Roger Clemens comes to mind .....

He doesn't report till May or June or July, gets to go home on the weekends and whenever he's not pitching.

Doesn't have to go on road trips till he's pitching.

Also he makes a full years salary while doing it !!!

Jimbo

salsadancer7,

Ummmm,

He doesn't report till May or June or July, gets to go home on the weekends and whenever he's not pitching.

Jimbo

TOUCHE!! I have been trumped!!! :bow :up

I don't think Clemens should be allowed to do that. If he can't pitch a full year then go home and stay there. You can't expect a team to be good while he isn't there so they stay close to the playoff picture. I mean if they can be good the first half of the season without him then why do they need him and the baggage that goes along.

I don't think Clemens should be allowed to do that. If he can't pitch a full year then go home and stay there. You can't expect a team to be good while he isn't there so they stay close to the playoff picture. I mean if they can be good the first half of the season without him then why do they need him and the baggage that goes along.

I have a SERIOUS problem with a pitcher getting the SAME amount as a every day player. Relief pitcher are a different breed....expecially closer that sometimes have to come in almost every other day....but a starter??!!! Sorry, they ain't worth THAT much...

salsadancer7,

Ummmm,

Jimbo

Actually his salary with the Astros was pro-rated for the time he made it back into the major league after getting prepared in the minor league.

Actually his salary with the Astros was pro-rated for the time he made it back into the major league after getting prepared in the minor league.

Yes but he still made more than anyone else on that team, in half the time.
He's probably looking for another 18 mil this year and wants a plane as well, and he'll get it....

Jimbo

I bet the REDS would love to have him from May on ...

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)