Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
The Red Sox -vs Yankees game is on MLB Network, but on DISH it is blacked out to me saying it's not available in my area.

It not on NESN which normally airs the Red Sox games (They are airing a Bruins game) and its not airing on any of the local channels... so why is this pre season game blacked out to me here in Connecticut?

yup thats what it is...using the Directv RSN thingy (yeah I know its DIsh but the RSN areas are the same....usually)

The 06111 ZIP Code is in the home team territory for the following pro teams. With HD Access select channels and teams available in HD are noted below:

With any DIRECTV base package (CHOICE or above, or MÁS ULTRA or above):

New England Sports Network HD (Ch. 628) - HD Available
Boston Bruins (HD Available)
Red Sox (HD Available)

Comcast SportsNet New England HD (Ch. 630) - HD Available
Boston Celtics (HD Available)

YES Network HD (Ch. 631) - HD Available
New Jersey Nets (HD Available)
Yankees (HD Available)

SportsNet New York HD (Ch. 639) - HD Available
Mets (HD Available)

There are parts of NW New Jersey (near the Poconos) that get Philly home games blacked out (even when they were not playing the mets or yankees) all because they were on a exclusive cable only sports network

The Red Sox -vs Yankees game is on MLB Network, but on DISH it is blacked out to me saying it's not available in my area.

It not on NESN which normally airs the Red Sox games (They are airing a Bruins game) and its not airing on any of the local channels... so why is this pre season game blacked out to me here in Connecticut?
If it was a regular season game it most likely would have been available on an Alt HD channel from NESN. That's how they handle the early baseball season when the main NESN channel has a Bruins playoff game and the Alt channel will have the Sox game...

There are parts of NW New Jersey (near the Poconos) that get Philly home games blacked out (even when they were not playing the mets or yankees) all because they were on a exclusive cable only sports network

and this helps Scott how????????
better yet what does that have to do with the topic at hand???????????

If it was a regular season game it most likely would have been available on an Alt HD channel from NESN. That's how they handle the early baseball season when the main NESN channel has a Bruins playoff game and the Alt channel will have the Sox game...

exactly. But a spring training game is different ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)