Red Wings sign Marian Hossa... I think

Yeah, Mario was just like that too. So was Brett Hull.

Mario brought intangibles though, I never questioned his desire to win though. Mike Modano is another one that I feel is more HOF worthy than Jagr just based on his leadership.

*edit:
I couldn't remember all the crap Jagr got into while in the NHL. So I went to look around, here is one site that lists a few of the classic Jagr traits and, for me, just solidifies my dislike of him and what he really means to hockey and hockey fans, stats aside.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/pu...mir-Jagr-The-good-the-bad-and-t?urn=nhl,92057

Last edited:
Yeah, Mario was just like that too. So was Brett Hull.

Mario brought intangibles though, I never questioned his desire to win though. Mike Modano is another one that I feel is more HOF worthy than Jagr just based on his leadership.

What do you think of Brendan Shanahan, (I thought about him when you mentioned Madono).
maybe HOF ?

Peter Forsberg ?

Paul Karia ?

All of these I feel played the game as well as Jagr, not looking at just stats here.

Jimbo

I like Shanny, not because he was a Wing, but for the little parts of the game he plays so well.
His meetings and confrences during the 2004-2005 lockout show to me how much the game of hockey means to him and he really wants to improve the game.

Forsberg sucks cause he is part of that team. :) But gosh is he is fun to watch, possibly the best player in the world at 1 time. Great defensive player while possessing incredible offense. He's a competitor and is not all about stats.

Kariya, I'm indifferent on him, I like his skill and his competitiveness, but his playoff stats are so polarized, it's tough to really get behind him fully. He either explodes or implodes in the playoffs. It doesn't help that he usually plays for teams that do not make the playoffs consistently.

I like Shanny, not because he was a Wing, but for the little parts of the game he plays so well.
His meetings and confrences during the 2004-2005 lockout show to me how much the game of hockey means to him and he really wants to improve the game.

Forsberg sucks cause he is part of that team. :) But gosh is he is fun to watch, possibly the best player in the world at 1 time. Great defensive player while possessing incredible offense. He's a competitor and is not all about stats.

Kariya, I'm indifferent on him, I like his skill and his competitiveness, but his playoff stats are so polarized, it's tough to really get behind him fully. He either explodes or implodes in the playoffs. It doesn't help that he usually plays for teams that do not make the playoffs consistently.

Looks like we agree on a lot of this, as for Forsberg, I think he was a hell of a player back in the Wings / Av's days.
I too think he was the best in the NHL several years back then.

Mr. Zetterberg reminds me of a Forsberg clone, I look for stardom for Hendrick

I've always liked Shanny, back in this St. Louis days as well, loved it when he came to Detroit. :)

Jimbo

Can we please hang an "I Win button" over the Red Wings arena?
I don't follow Hockey until the playoffs.
Red Wings have been very dominant for the last few years.
I think that streak will be over within 3-4 years down the road, and I am sure crappy teams will rise.
NHL and MLB are the only leagues that I don't know all the teams name.
I follow European Soccer (Italian,Spanish league)

Can we please hang an "I Win button" over the Red Wings arena?
I don't follow Hockey until the playoffs.
Red Wings have been very dominant for the last few years.
I think that streak will be over within 3-4 years down the road, and I am sure crappy teams will rise.

I disagree, mainly because I think they have already gone thru their down time, that happened after the Captian Steve Yzerman retired, there were several years that they just were not there as far as I was concerned, then in the last couple years they have put it back together and drafted well as always and those players are getting playing time in Detroit. So with the new younger guys getting significant playing time and experience, I see them NOT dropping off the map anytime soon.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)