Red 'X' for 129 in System Info Grid

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dendavis

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
Metro Denver
I was checking to see if L4.0 had downloaded to my VIP 622, and noted a red 'x' in the box for 129 on my system information grid. Under "details," it said there were several times during the day when the signal was lost. However, I have not seen any evidence of programs being affected. I did a point dish and check switch, all came out good. I then went to my second VIP 622, it had no such indicator on the system information grid. Both are hooked up to a two dish array, first dish is a 500 set for 110/119; second dish is also a 500, set for 129. I was scheduled to get the DISH 1000 when I upgraded to the VIP 622, but, based on complaints I was reading on these boards, I negotiated with the installer to leave the two dish array, and point the second one from 148 to 129. He was fine with that, and got a 94 on the signal meter.

I contacted DISH tech support via e-mail, they want me to swap out the two receivers, see if the non-affected one picks up the problem, and vice-versa. Not really keen on unhooking all the cables from the entertainment center conglomeration of components, so thought I'd check the Hive Collective to see if there were similar experiences/hopefully solutions.

I had that happen swapping out 622's last week. I had no 129 programming available to me during this time. I also switched from a d1000 to a two dish setup. After a number of reboots it finally "read" the 129 signal.

My portion of the hive concurs with what they told you, swap the receivers temporarily. That will tell you if it's a cabling problem.

Well, its certainly not a Sun outage if it has happened in the last week. 2 weeks ago that was certainly a possibility.

Birds or airplans on sight to the sat ?

Always a possibility, no trees of any significance near LOS to attract nestin;, however, we are under the secondary approach to the local airport. However, only affects the one receiver, so don't think it is in the roof array.

I have the same problem on when I swapped out 622 last week but for me it is 105 sat. The thing is my 942 is green across the board. In the check switch everything is good on the 622 but on the dish pointing I get 98%signal on the 105 sat but says it is the wrong sat.As far as I can see I get all my channels?Like I said the 942 does not have any of these problems.

Self-healing 622

Checked it yesterday, mainly to see if I have the L4.01 download (I do not, on either of my 622's). However, the satellite board came up green all the way across, no more pesky red 'x' for the 129 box. Have no idea why, it had been showing the red for a couple of weeks. I had resigned myself to dismantling the entertainment center cabling and swapping locations with the other 622, per the DISH tech rep's suggestion, but had not had the opportunity.

Hail the procrastinator! It's all good:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts