Redbox Instant video streaming said to launch in December

I'm curious what they'll have to offer. I have a roku now and netflix. It seems they won't support the roku immediately. I'll have to see how they stack up to netflix.

Redbox Instant by Verizon likely won’t launch until spring 2013, marking another delay for the anticipated subscription VOD and kiosk rental service joint venture between the two companies.

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/redbox/verizon-ceo-redbox-instant-delayed-2013-29026

I think this is just not going to happen, Netflix has too much of a head start and so much money that they can pay (and lock up exclusive deals like Disney ) that Verizon cannot play catch up.

They could compete and catch up if they can get the newer releases faster especially to streaming :)

Depends on what platforms they are available on. If they can get on Roku or the xbox/ps3 fairly soon, they can most likely compete. If not...

They could compete and catch up if they can get the newer releases faster especially to streaming :)

The only way they can do this is via PPV/VOD. New releases aren't going to be available on buffet-style services much quicker than they are now with few if any exceptions.

I wonder if there's any list of exclusives each service has signed up anywhere. Redbox will be starting in quite the hole, and so soon after Netflix scored such a big victory with Disney and getting some of their catalog titles added right away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts