Redding Chico HD Locals Down? (1 Viewer)

casper809

Mar 18, 2004
I am getting a screen on my Chico Redding HD local channels 5250 - 5253 that says:

Sorry for the interruption

There is no need to call us,
We are working to have this channel back as soon as possible

You may still watch non-local programming by pressing the guide button on your remote control and selecting another channel

all other channels are working fine including the SD Chico Redding local networks on 9080-9086.

looking at the dish channel chart it shows that these channels come in on transponder 5 spot 16 on the 129 satellite. I am currently showing a signal strength of 3 without any lock on this transponder. Is this an obstruction on my end or is there truely a known problem with the Chico Redding HD locals.

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
The message you see about your locals being out is an internal message by the receiver. Simply change the channel or reboot and it should go away. I see this from time to time when it rains hard and my receiver loses its lock on the satellite for a few minutes. Change your channel to something else and then back and it should work again. IF you can't lock on your transponder for your HD locals it must be a dish pointing error. You might have to pay for a tech to come out and look at your dish , switch , lnb etc. Add the dish home protection plan to your bill and a tech visit will only be $29.99 instead of $99.99. Then drop it once the problem is fixed. You can drop and add the insurance as many times as needed.

golfergirl13

Dec 13, 2009
California
I don't mean to highjack your thread, but I, too, am getting the exact same "sorry for the interruption" screen in Sacramento, Ca. I have unplugged/plugged the receiver and still same issue. I even pressed/hold the receiver power button and still same issue. I called dish and the rep said that she couldn't help me and that she would send my issue to the engineering department. By the way, I am able to watch HD on all other channels but local channels.

Users who are viewing this thread