Redding Chico HD Locals Down?

casper809

Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
I am getting a screen on my Chico Redding HD local channels 5250 - 5253 that says:

Sorry for the interruption

There is no need to call us,
We are working to have this channel back as soon as possible

You may still watch non-local programming by pressing the guide button on your remote control and selecting another channel

all other channels are working fine including the SD Chico Redding local networks on 9080-9086.

looking at the dish channel chart it shows that these channels come in on transponder 5 spot 16 on the 129 satellite. I am currently showing a signal strength of 3 without any lock on this transponder. Is this an obstruction on my end or is there truely a known problem with the Chico Redding HD locals.

The message you see about your locals being out is an internal message by the receiver. Simply change the channel or reboot and it should go away. I see this from time to time when it rains hard and my receiver loses its lock on the satellite for a few minutes. Change your channel to something else and then back and it should work again. IF you can't lock on your transponder for your HD locals it must be a dish pointing error. You might have to pay for a tech to come out and look at your dish , switch , lnb etc. Add the dish home protection plan to your bill and a tech visit will only be $29.99 instead of $99.99. Then drop it once the problem is fixed. You can drop and add the insurance as many times as needed.

I don't mean to highjack your thread, but I, too, am getting the exact same "sorry for the interruption" screen in Sacramento, Ca. I have unplugged/plugged the receiver and still same issue. I even pressed/hold the receiver power button and still same issue. I called dish and the rep said that she couldn't help me and that she would send my issue to the engineering department. By the way, I am able to watch HD on all other channels but local channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)