Refer a friend is a joke...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stanswx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 21, 2004
Champaign, IL
Anyone planning on referring their friends to DirecTV under the new referral offer needs to rethink those plans. I recently did that and got screwed out of my $50 credit. I printed out the page from the DirecTV site and put my account number on it for my coworker to call. She did exactly what the paper said and then DirecTV gave her the runaround. One rep told her to give my account information to the installer. She did that and the installer told her she'd have to give that to the phone rep. Of course when she called back, they would have nothing to do with it stating that the information needed to be given when she first signed up.

I find it very disturbing that DirecTV is doing all of this refer a friend advertising now, but they seem to not be honoring those requests. I've emailed DirecTV about this, but of course they just tell me my coworker needed to submit that information when she first called. (which she did) Is there anyone higher up that I can voice my concerns to at DirecTV? Has anyone else experienced similar results when using this new referral program? Thanks!

Stan

I had the same type of expenience, I was the one that was reffered, I had my buddies account # and address and everything.

D* told me that I had to call a special phone # when I had signed up, but I was not told about that # till after I had signed up.
So my buddy missed out on the $50 , I called back and complained and got him on the phone with us, they gave us a line of BS about it being to late, eventually offered my buddy Showtime for a few months, he declined, he doesn't watch movies.
And that was the end of our useless attempt to refer someone.

Next time I won't waste my time

Jimbo

And to thing, none, nada, nothing or anything wrong using mt Club Dish Cards from Dish Network

I must admit, we have had some administrative problems running our referral program. However, we never told anyone that it was to late to pay them, in fact, we paid and sent gifts as a token of appreciation.

Please send us your friends, family and co-workers. We have far better prices for them and will always show our sincere gratitude.

-Robert

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
I must admit, we have had some administrative problems running our referral program. However, we never told anyone that it was to late to pay them, in fact, we paid and sent gifts as a token of appreciation.

Please send us your friends, family and co-workers. We have far better prices for them and will always show our sincere gratitude.

-Robert

Robert,
My trouble with the customer referral had nothing to do with you guys,
I called directly to D* and was given the runaround.

Jimbo

I had the same issue. I filed a complaint on line with the better business bureau. 2 days later I got a call from D* offering me the credit.

You can just about say the same thing for the discount people are supposed to get when they sign up for D* through Bellsouth. They are told by Bellsouth that they will get $10 off their monthly bill, that they will get one bill for everything (all the Bellsouth services as well as Cingular wireless & Directv) and they are never told about the $4.99 mirroring fee for each additional receiver. For the most part the inaccuracies are Bellsouth's fault, but whereas the discount is supposed to be real, I have met very few people who actually got the discount. I have had more customers than I can count who have cancelled their install because D* told them they would not honor the discounted rate quoted by Bellsouth.

uboatcmdr said:
You can just about say the same thing for the discount people are supposed to get when they sign up for D* through Bellsouth. They are told by Bellsouth that they will get $10 off their monthly bill, that they will get one bill for everything (all the Bellsouth services as well as Cingular wireless & Directv) and they are never told about the $4.99 mirroring fee for each additional receiver. For the most part the inaccuracies are Bellsouth's fault, but whereas the discount is supposed to be real, I have met very few people who actually got the discount. I have had more customers than I can count who have cancelled their install because D* told them they would not honor the discounted rate quoted by Bellsouth.

I already had D* so I filled out the form on the Bell South web site and got my discount in my D* bill two weeks later. Had no problem getting it.

lou_do said:
I already had D* so I filled out the form on the Bell South web site and got my discount in my D* bill two weeks later. Had no problem getting it.

You probably got it because you did everything online and bypassed the Directv CSR.

Jimbos said:
Robert,
My trouble with the customer referral had nothing to do with you guys,
I called directly to D* and was given the runaround.

Jimbo

Thanks Jimbo. I know that and was just asking for SatelliteGuys to send referrals to my company for better service and a better deal for their friends and guarantied referral payments.

-Robert

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
Thanks Jimbo. I know that and was just asking for SatelliteGuys to send referrals to my company for better service and a better deal for their friends and guarantied referral payments.

-Robert

Sorry guy,
I had not heard about that...
If I have anyonenow, I will send them your way ! :)

Jimbo

The DVR rebate is a joke too. 6 weeks after mailing off for the rebate we get another rebate form to fill out. According to Directv I have to wait another 2 weeks before they will find out where my damn rebate is at.

Robert's company lies!

Don't believe Robert or his lies. I tried to collect on this so called referral program with him, and they never paid 1 cent to my in-laws. (they are a very disorganized company) They have 3 different people working there who don't seem to know what the other is doing. CALL DIRECT for the referral program. Roberts prices are no better than direct either. They write beautiful notes here, but are really doing something else in reality.

jmichnya, I sent you a PM about your post. Our records show you received an additional 10% discount on your order, which would have saved you about $50 below what you would have paid if you ordered through DIRECTV.

We also did an excellent installation and swaped your defective DVR at no cost immediately and I hope you would agree that our installation quality and speed of installation and follow-up service was of the highest level of customer service possible.

Most of all I am very confused about your comment that we did not pay the referral fee, so please ask Maria if she received our check as I have the canceled check back from our bank.

-Robert

jmichnya said:
Don't believe Robert or his lies. I tried to collect on this so called referral program with him, and they never paid 1 cent to my in-laws. (they are a very disorganized company) They have 3 different people working there who don't seem to know what the other is doing. CALL DIRECT for the referral program. Roberts prices are no better than direct either. They write beautiful notes here, but are really doing something else in reality.

there are many and i mean many satisfied value electronics customers here at satelliteguys.

robert is a respected dealer and I do not believe he deserved that cheap shot. however, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

i highly recommend value electronics.

uboatcmdr said:
You probably got it because you did everything online and bypassed the Directv CSR.

Correct, I used the form on line on Bell South's web site. I had no dealing with D* toward getting it, but the reduction was on my next bill.

I must appologize partly, my in-laws did get the money after all. (my wife forgot to tell me). However, I still think they are dis-organized-I had to repeat myself over and over everytime I talked to a different person there, never really confident things were going to happen. They should have/could have? activated my recievers before I got them, I still had to deal too much with DIRECT-(I thought the point was NOT to talke with them). Had to call DIRECT for the $50 DVR rebate form, this was not automatic for some reason.

Robert got me my $50 ... I just wish I could keep the neighboors from being stupid ... they all keep getting DISH and always want to watch my NFL ST ... I tell them to listen to me next time, and that today is a bad day for company ... I am a stooge.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts