Refer a friend

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CRUZN8R

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
Long Beach, WA
My father-in-law wants to switch to from cable. He has 2 TVs and needs a HD DVR and a 2nd receiver.
There was no option to mix HD DVR for 1st TV and SD for the 2nd TV. He could only get HD DVR and HD receiver.
The directv site offers genie for free and then wants $99 for the HD receiver.
If you decline the genie it wanted $199 for the HD DVR and $99 for the HD receiver.
They penalize you $199 for not getting a genie.

He wanted the Entertainment package. It said $40.99 mo and $99 receiver fee
Looking at the payments over time I see $40.99 for 10 months, then $50.99 for 2 Months, then after 1 year the price goes up to either $66 or $76 (I cannot tell exactly, which is it?). That is where he said "hmm... I cannot afford that price increase after 12 months, I am on a fixed income"

Any better way to reduce the payments after the 12 months?
Any better way for a new signup to skip these high receiver fees?
Why is there no genie option without $298?

Thanks for any help

He can get the client which is free. That basically takes a tuner from the HR34/Genie (it has 5 total). So the equipment would be free and he can watch stuff recorded on the Genie on the Client in the other room

as for the pricing its 29.99 for the package, $6 for the extra receiver (client) and $15 for DVR & whole home fee.
So I get 50.99 and thats for the 1st year
2nd year it would be 54.99+6+15 so 75.99 after that

Thanks for the reply
I have to find out the cable price.
Also the directv web site did not offer genie clients. I wonder why not. Does he have to call for those?

OK I looked again and can order a mini genie client so there would not be a setup fee at all. Maybe that will convince him.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)