Regional Sports Networks and YES Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I think I can understand why Charlie couldn't get the YES network 3 freaking years ago; however it’s been 3 years. I mean doesn't he have the money now to get a deal done and not have to raise rates?

How did Direct TV get a deal done without having to raise rates to there customers? Someone educate me please; has Direct TV rate increases been significantly higher over the last 3 years than Dish Network rate increases? And if so, buy how many dollars?

Reality...Dish does not and likely will not have YES because (Insert any reason you want here. Does it really matter?). If this channel is that important to you switch to D* or cable and be happy.

NightRyder

fresco said:
I think I can understand why Charlie couldn't get the YES network 3 freaking years ago; however it’s been 3 years. I mean doesn't he have the money now to get a deal done and not have to raise rates?

How did Direct TV get a deal done without having to raise rates to there customers? Someone educate me please; has Direct TV rate increases been significantly higher over the last 3 years than Dish Network rate increases? And if so, buy how many dollars?
To educate you: the price of any given channel has as much affect on the subscriber price as the local minimum wage or water rates. Companies set prices to maximize profits and market share (aka long-term profits) in a competitive marketplace.

Additional channels mean higher costs (less bottom-line profits) but more subscribers (new and non-churned). When evaluating new channels, Dish determines whether they'll be more profitable with or without them. It's that simple.

In the case of YES, every potential subscriber for whom YES is a make-or-break issue has already left for cable or DirecTV. If Dish were to add YES, it would be a sizable cost but would attract relatively few new subscribers. That's why it's less and less likely that Dish will carry YES in its current form.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts