Regional Sports Networks

yawn9

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
Hello,

When I lived with my parents in St. Louis, we had Dish Network TV service for quite a few years. We had a much more pleasant experience with the Dish receivers and customer service much more than the DirecTV service we had previously. I'm now on my own in a different state, and starting to look at Dish again because the local cable companies just isn't tickling my fancy.

I'm a big Cardinals and Blues fan, being from St. Louis. The cable companies here do not carry FSMW. Both nhl.com and mlb.com show that I'm still in the home market for St. Louis, so this is rather aggrevating. When I pulled up information from Dish's website, however, I was in for a surprise--they seem to think I'm not supposed to have FSMW here! Do they have it on a spot beam and I happen to fall outside of it? Or is there a problem with their database?

I just want to get to the bottom of this, as I'm starting to get pretty ancy after missing the last hockey season and most of this baseball season.

I'm attaching the output from both pages for comparison.

Attachments

• dish.jpg
    dish.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 196
  • directv.jpg
    directv.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 200
I saw from the thumbnails what your zip was. Once I go to work tomorrow I will see what you qualify for. I tried looking on the website but wasnt able to come up w/ anything.

You can order the Multi-sports package (additional $5.99 per month) with will give you FSMW along with many other rsn's. The big question would be if the pro games would be blacked out for you. You can check with a local dealer to see what info they can give you.

your zip with a $5/month sports package will get you:
522-528 Bulls Twolves Blackhawks White Sox Cubs Cardinals Brewers Twins Royals if you want the blues, then you'll have to move to zip 631 or zip 618 (This zip gets you a whole lot of sports) but you wont get Cedar Rapid locals you'll get STL locals, which are in HD and in your foot print. So I would leave your billing address where you "live" but call Dish after you're hooked up and tell them you moved to an address in 631xx code but the billing address is the same.
go to this site for RSN zip codes...and GO BLUES!
http://www.maplenet.net/~trowbridge/rsnteams.htm

I am not sure how accurate that RSN zip code list is....
According to that I should be receiving:
Lakers
Clippers
Sac. Kings
LA Kings
Mighty Ducks
A's
Giants

In reality my zip code receives:
Sac Kings
A's
Giants
Sharks

yawn9-
I live in Des Moines and have the multi-sports pak. I get all Cardinals & Blues games that are on FSMW. Since you are in those home markets, you should not be blacked out from those if you get the sports pak.
CSN Chicago would be your only regional sports network if you don't get the sports pak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts