"RelayTV"?

KG4KBU

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
Corbin, KY
I was checking the TV schedules on Huffington Post and found this... satellite TV provider?

I looked up the zip code on zap2it.com and found it listed

I couldn't find a website for it (there's a website for a product called RelayTV which is unrelated), and I see it has lots of small/little-known TV channels like CBSSN, Funimation, Outdoor Channel, Blue Highways, Pivot, Smile of a Child, etc.
Does anyone have any information about this TV provider?

Just found this as well when searching Zap2It -- shows it as a satellite service underneath GloryStar. There is a Relay.tv "social tv" service that I found, but it looks like it's an OEM solution for TV and STB manufacturers to provide real time instant messaging between TV viewers -- but there is no information on the "service" or how to buy it. Maybe this is the same service, and you can get this channel lineup via IPTV if you have one of these TVs? I couldn't find any other info, nor any other service called RelayTV...

If in fact this is what it is, I can tell you it is absolutely doomed to failure since it looks like it requires TV OEMs to bake the software into their sets, and only works tied to a certain channel lineup (the same one we are wondering about?)... All it takes is one of the IM providers to write an app for Tivo or Apple TV or any other STB to enable instant messaging on any channel you are watching and you kill this idea before it even starts..

That said, the channel lineup seems interesting -- it fills in some of the holes that D* has since they don't offer some of these smaller channel or the digital subnets...

If anyone has any more info, I'd be curious as well...

N

Does anyone know what this provider is? Is it the one that is discussed above? Theres very little on the internet but it still has channel listings on zap2it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)