reman 322's radomizing settings upon software download!?

ZandarKoad

Amish Satellite Technician
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 13, 2005
Nashville, TN
This is no isolated incident. Six receivers in the last three days... So it goes like this. Install a reman 322, with any configuration. D500, D1000.2, whatever. Run a check switch. All good, prompt the receiver to take the software download. Everything downloads, and receiver reboots. Then the fun begins:

IR remote address set to RANDOM NUMBER.

UHF remote address set to RANDOM NUMBER.

TV2 output channel set to RANDOM NUMBER.

Quick question: How do you pull up the system information screen when none of the remote controls have the proper address?
Quick answer: YOU CAN'T. YOUR SCREWED.

Oh, I could (and I did) take the time to try EVERY POSSIBLE CODE (36 possible codes). But sometimes, THIS STILL DOES NOT WORK. And the 322 itself is actually working "fine" : you can still change channels using the up/down buttons on the front panel. I'm forced to replace the receiver, and play 322 russian roulette all over again. Once I found IR code changed to 15. Once both IR and UHF were on 9. Once, they BOTH didn't respond. Once, they both were still on 1, but the TV2 output was on 75 cable. Once, the IR and UHF were both 12.

Has anyone else experienced this? More importantly, does anyone have a solution? Such as, a secret way to pull up the system info screen without a remote control?

I do believe there is a way, I've done it before; dont know exactly been quite awhile........ but if you play with hitting the power button on the IRD either by clicking it real quick, or maybe with a combination with hitting the up and down buttons, possibily simutaneously. Try it for a minute or so randomly and you'll get it come on just start hitting buttons and just as your about to give up, it'll come on.

As to the so-call randomization...it's part of the software that the reman 322's have as of late. If you find the #1 remote gets reassigned, it's really no big deal. Just access the SYS INFO from the front panel. Turn off the power and then do a channel up. That will bring up your screen. From there you can find out what your remote settings are.

That is a known software issue on 322s. I've had the same problem. The only fix is as webbydude just said - turn the box off and hit one of the front panel up or down buttons to access system info. Change your remote address, then you can get into the rest of the settings and update them accordingly. It's a pain in the arse, but it will get you by until they update the software.

Excellent. That is the exact response I was hoping for. Yeah, it's no big deal at all once you know what you just told me.

T H A N K Y O U

As to the so-call randomization...it's part of the software that the reman 322's have as of late. If you find the #1 remote gets reassigned, it's really no big deal. Just access the SYS INFO from the front panel. Turn off the power and then do a channel up. That will bring up your screen. From there you can find out what your remote settings are.

Confirmed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)