remote access - can't get it setup

dwetzel

Original poster
Mar 1, 2010
California
I have a 722, 612 and 211 and I'm trying to setup remote access on the 722 and 612 so I can see what is stored on my DVR remotely.

I have HughesNet as my internet provider and have a residential plan with a static IP address. I have an old Linksys WRT54G. I have a security camera DVR successfully setup on the network.

I can access the internet via PC fine. From the Internet I can access the security camera DVR... so I have internet traffic successfully in & out of the house.

The 722 and 612 both show their broadband status as connected online (via TV screen). However, when I go to step 3 where you register them... it never completes. I always get a message that says:
You have attempted to access a feature that requires your receiver to be connected to your home broadband network. Please ensure your receiver is currently connected to the Internet. If you are still experiencing issues, please try the following steps on your receiver:

1. Press Menu on the remote
2. Select System Setup (6), Installation (1) then Broadband Setup (9)
3. Select Network Setup (1), then Reset Connection

Resetting the connection doesn't help. I have changed the settings in the linksys router to turn off its firewall. I have turned off the port forwarding for the cameras... none of this helped. I called DISHTV technical support several times but they don't seem to have any tools to help debug this...

Any ideas on what I can try?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)