Remote - Addresses

Desert Satellite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 8, 2006
I installed a 311 rcvr in a Firestone Service Center and I tried 7 remotes and none of them would control the rcvr. With one remote I was able to do a check switch after pushing the button a dozen times and that is as far as I got. We tired another rcvr and the same 7 remotes and the second rcvr wouldn't work with any of them. I was able to change the remote address once... and that didn't help. I took the rcvr home and it worked fine - I was able to change channel etc...
A couple years ago I installed a satellite system near a nuclear power plant and it's remote would not control the rcvr. When I touched the remote to the front of the rcvr it would change the channels... I even put a remote antenna on it and then it would work from about 6 inches away. Dish Network told me it was because of the nuclear power plant and we left it at that.
Now for my question: If I was to be able to change the remote address - might that help... is each address a different frequency? There by using a different frequency (?) to work the satellite rcvr.

I don't think your problem has anything to do with the address. The 311 uses IR light for it's remote signal if you have another source of light other than the remote's Ir you will have problems. Flourscent lights, neon signs even sunlight could send a stronger IR light than the remote. Try using a tube from waxpaper/aluminum foil to block out other light sources, remote at one end of tube other end agaibst receiver at IR sensor, remote should work. No this is not a practical solution but should identify problem. If that is the problem try talking to Tech Support for suggestions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)