Remote and other issues

firesole33

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Ok, so this will be a 2 part question. 1 my tv 2 remote stopped working on the UHF spectrum. What I mean by that is that it turns the tv on, controls it no problem, but it DOES NOT work on my receiver anymore. It worked yesterday, and today nope. I put new batteries in, and still no dice. I checked the UHF antenna, and it looks in good order. So what I was trying to do was set TV 2 up using IR, figuring atleast we could watch the second tv. Here is where my new troubles started.

Before I figured out this isn't possible, I was trying to program the remote using the hold down, hit number, pound and record method. Doing that it changed my primary remote address to 7. So now my primary and secondary is 7. Now my harmony remote doesn't control the tv since that change.

I need to get my primary back to 1, and then I guess an answer on how to fix my tv 2 remote, or just get a new one.

Thanks!

Ok, I figured out how to reset the primary to 1 again, now any suggestions on what to do to get the remote 2 to work?

Thanks.

Dunno what receiver you have but for 622/722 (and probably yours):

USING THE TV1 REMOTE,

1.Hit MENU twice to bring up System Info screen

2.Press and hold SAT for 3 seconds until all mode buttons light up, then let go of SAT button.

3.Enter any # other than the secondary address number---you want 1!

4.Press the # button. If the address was entered correctly SAT will flash 3 times.

5.Press the RECORD button. Make sure the remote address is changed to 1.

6. Hit SELECT to close System Info screen.

Good luck! BTW, STUPID question but the SAT mode was being used by your remote, right??? Told ya it wuz stupid!

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)