Remote (Aux mode)?

Building

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
Do any of you have your Dish supplied 622 remote working to control an Onkyo HT-S790 or a Yamaha YHT-370? This will definitely influence my purchase of either of these systems. Must be able to control the power, volume and input source. Otherwise, I will have to find a store with them on display and bring my remote with me.

Any Receiver?

Do any of you have your Dish 622 remote working any surround receiver? If so, which one?

I have it working with the Onkyo 674. But I can't tell you what all receiver functions it's able to run. I haven't tried. I do have it set so the volume always runs the reveiver(aux) volume no matter what mode the remote is in. I basically only use the 622 as a second remote as my main remote is a Harmony.

I'll mess with it tonight and see if I can change receiver inputs or anything else for that matter.

I have it controlling a Panasonic HT-280 (HTIB) receiver. I have it controlling the volume all the time. It controls volume(of course), power, input selections, and tuner pre-sets with the channel up and down.

I am using the 622 remote to control an Onkyo receiver. It controls the power and volume using the "AUX" button. I'm not sure if it can control the receiver inputs though. I don't remember if you can teach buttons to do what you want them to do, but there aren't any buttons available that do it just by programming the remote code.

Codes?

I am using the 622 remote to control an Onkyo receiver. It controls the power and volume using the "AUX" button. I'm not sure if it can control the receiver inputs though. I don't remember if you can teach buttons to do what you want them to do, but there aren't any buttons available that do it just by programming the remote code.

Do you know which code you used? Which Onkyo is it? Are you using the tv1 remote or the tv2 remote? I just went to a store which had 4 different Onkyo's, and I couldn't get mine to work on any of them. I guess these questions would apply to tsduke as well.

Pretty sure I'm using one of the first 2 codes, 642 or 660 on the Onkyo TX-SR674. I can also switch to some of the different inputs using the numbers in AUX mode.

I know you can setup the remote to control the power on the TV and then have the volume default to the amplifier setup in AUX mode.

I stole the remote from my brothers room since he is at school to use for my bathroom TV and I'll be dammed if I can figure out how to change it to normal mode so the volume can be controled on the TV.

Press TV for four seconds. Tv will blink.
Press Pound(#).
Press the plus(+) side of volume.
Press zero(0).
Press pound(#). TV flashes 3 times.
Press SAT.
Test the volume on the TV.

Page 92 of the 942 manual.

Mine controls my Yamaha surround receiver. Not sure which one. I only use it for power and volume controls though. Don't think the rest work.

However, the new 622 remote does not control my Hitachi television as well as the old 501/508 remotes! Different codes and mine seems to be missing. Bummer. The TV/Video button now takes several presses to get where I want to go (cycle through inputs) where the old remotes did it instantly.

I have a Yamaha receiver. Since it has one button for power on, and another button for power off, I can only program the Dish Remote for either of those functions. That stinks.

Power Off?

The Dish User Manual tells you to try codes and search them by trying to Power Off your receiver. I found out that the Onkyo codes they list don't Power Off my Onkyo receiver, but they do Power it On, Control Volume, and Muting. So if you are searching, you might want to try and Power On instead of Power Off.

My 622 is controlling a harman kardon 245. Everything works fine except the power button. It will turn the reciever on but not off...all of the hk codes do this for my 622 remote. Anyone else having this issue?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)