What will you do if Dish doesn't add the Big Ten Network?

What will you if Dish doesn't add the Big Ten Network?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Posty-McPOst

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
Columbus, OH
After some fussing and feuding I thought maybe a new thread was warranted. The existing thread could be for news and ongoing developments and this one for opinion. Hopefully in a couple weeks both will be obsolete. Keep in mind that the only opinion that matters is ceo@echostar.com as Riffjim pointed out.

I presume you mean will I throw a hissy-fit and quit ?? If so, nope.... I expect most Ohio St games to be on ESPN, ABC, etc and the ones that aren't well, my life still goes on if I "miss" a game (or two or three).

No big deal here either. I would like to have it, but the world won't come to an end if I don't. Most Ohio State games are broadcast on the Columbus local networks, so I'm not missing much. And they're really the only ones I follow closely.

Well the poll results kind of speak for themselves. If the price isn't reasonable, I doubt Dish is going to be that bothered if a few people leave over it.

I don't want to pay to get out of my contract so no switchen for me. I have a couple friends with Direct to tide me over, but next year will be a different story.

When basketball starts I might change my tune though, with so many games on BTN. I just hate the idea of changing providers over one channel. Could turn into a never ending saga.

Well the poll results kind of speak for themselves. If the price isn't reasonable, I doubt Dish is going to be that bothered if a few people leave over it.

Looks like around 20% right now will switch. (I wonder how many saying they don't care are from outside Big Ten states?) I doubt Dish would like that number very much. Also all the converts from cable that are switching are going directly to Direct TV ..... at least the ones looking for the Big Ten Network. I really hope both bend a little bit and get this accomplished. It is not only the games for me ... if you go to the BTN website there are some great shows on as well.

I can never keep up with all of these sport channels... I actually never heard of it until you guys started making a fuss about it.

Don't care, even if it was the Pac-10. But I know it is important to others, so I hope the best for them. I didn't leave Dish just because they didn't pick up MLBEI for this season, I just went and signed up for Direct just for the baseball and when the season is over I will suspend my service until next year.

Last edited:
The poll has the OP's bias all over it. I will stick with Dish, but not "Grudgingly." I'd like to have access to BTN for a reasonable cost, but it's not that big of an issue to me, certainly not enough to drive me to DirecTV.

I watch a lot of Big 12 and Big 10 stuff. I hope this fails miserably. This is the absolute wrong direction for collage sports to be take and will lead to much higher costs and limited access to sports viewing. Remember the days when your team might have been on once or twice a year. Without paying more that is what it will be back to for a person that is a casual viewer and will not pay the extra for a sports ch. specify to some niche market.

I watch a lot of Big 12 and Big 10 stuff. I hope this fails miserably. This is the absolute wrong direction for collage sports to be take and will lead to much higher costs and limited access to sports viewing. Remember the days when your team might have been on once or twice a year. Without paying more that is what it will be back to for a person that is a casual viewer and will not pay the extra for a sports ch. specify to some niche market.

I agree with you comment about the direction of coll. sports and tv. I rather not have the BTN because without it last year I had every game on tv, but if the BTN is the only way for me to watch the hawkeye then I want dish to pick it up.

We would have to switch come the end of October since we will be cancelling our StarChoice (Canadian) subscription. This is a big channel to millions of fans, but we feel certain E* and BTN will come to terms in the coming weeks. It is in the best interest of both parties to reach an agreement...not doing so just means that each party will suffer to some degree of dollars and cents.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)