What will you do if Dish doesn't add the Big Ten Network?

What will you if Dish doesn't add the Big Ten Network?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No problem ... and I would feel the same way if I was you! I think the channel has some really great programming for the true Big Ten fan but agree the average customer shouldn't have to pay for it. I really am a true Dish Network fan (7 years) and hopethey get this channel on ... but preferably not at others expense.
As a E* subscriber I would rather see them start bringing more Pro sports,Instead of 1 more of Many college sports channels that we already have. College is on everything. Locals,RSN's, Espn,ESPNU,CSTV. How many more do we need? Every Important game is on these channels anyway.

As a E* subscriber I would rather see them start bringing more Pro sports,Instead of 1 more of Many college sports channels that we already have. College is on everything. Locals,RSN's, Espn,ESPNU,CSTV. How many more do we need? Every Important game is on these channels anyway.

Considering that B10 is putting around 50% of there Football and Mens Basketball games on this channel, I would have to say, that not every important game is on those channels.

if 2% of Subscribers leave in September due to not having B10, and another 5% leave in the next 6 months....
STOP talking about people leaving ! People complain about decisions or changes that Dish makes ALL THE TIME and guess what, they keep growing and growing and growing. Sure, some people leave over issues that are important to them. Face it though, for every (1) customer who leaves, Dish adds two or three or five or ten (??).

Considering that B10 is putting around 50% of there Football and Mens Basketball games on this channel, I would have to say, that not every important game is on those channels.

For Iowa, 16 out of 18 of the conference games are on BTN. Non-conference has not been announced yet.

Really I had no problem last year watching them on the RSN's and locals.and 50 % of who's games? College football? I 'd like to see where you found that info.

STOP talking about people leaving ! People complain about decisions or changes that Dish makes ALL THE TIME and guess what, they keep growing and growing and growing. Sure, some people leave over issues that are important to them. Face it though, for every (1) customer who leaves, Dish adds two or three or five or ten (??).

Dish's decisions in the long run form a pattern. And as a customer I have to wonder about the wisdom, for example, of giving us all these HD RSNs when they are all blacked out/have no programming 95% of the time. Or all these Voom channels with programming that almost entirely repeats itself. Some of the stuff they do just doesn't make alot of sense to me.

Its a BRAND NEW NETWORK, that will cover the majority of Big 10 sporting events.

Thats the whole point, they will NO LONGER BE AVAILABLE on the RSN's or regional broadcast networks. Some games will be on ABC/ESPN/ESPN2 but the rest will be on the Big10 Network.

Hemi - thats the point we are making about leaving, D* signed up for the network, E* hasn't, it is a very much wanted channel (For Big10 Sports Fans), and thats what makes this an issue.

Its a BRAND NEW NETWORK, that will cover the majority of Big 10 sporting events.

Thats the whole point, they will NO LONGER BE AVAILABLE on the RSN's or regional broadcast networks. Some games will be on ABC/ESPN/ESPN2 but the rest will be on the Big10 Network.
That must be why they are pushing it for free. If D* is going to have it.I'm sure E* will . It looks like the channel would be needed to view these games.And for D* to add it to one of their lower base packs for free,it must not be to expensive .I think your all to worried about nothing.You may not have it right away but I can bet it won't be long after.They claim to have deals with 75 other cable providers. If E* skips on adding this channel I would be surprized.

Looking at the vote here though. They may not add it. With over 71% of the vote that doesn't care if E* adds it or not, Means it not a highly requested channel,IMO. Theirs a lot of people in these forms. I would almost have to doubt that a national vote would be much different. Your voting on a channel,Not a provider. I would bet theres a lot more honesty in that.

Looking at the vote here though. They may not add it. With over 71% of the vote that doesn't care if E* adds it or not, Means it not a highly requested channel

I think you're looking at it from the wrong angle Hemi. I would consider 71% very low for any one channel. I would guess that you could apply the same poll to any other channel and have AT LEAST 71% of respondants who don't care. If you're saying that this poll is a good sample of E* customers I would say the fact that 15% of customers would eventually switch is HUGE!

I think you're looking at it from the wrong angle Hemi. I would consider 71% very low for any one channel. I would guess that you could apply the same poll to any other channel and have AT LEAST 71% of respondants who don't care. If you're saying that this poll is a good sample of E* customers I would say the fact that 15% of customers would eventually switch is HUGE!
In this case though, it's 15% of the members of this forum who care enough about the Big 10 to read this thread. So really, the poll results are biased in favor of the BTN on Dish.

I'd say significantly less than 15% of the general E* sub population would ever consider switching over the BTN.

172 out of 200 is huge.

In this case though, it's 15% of the members of this forum who care enough about the Big 10 to read this thread. So really, the poll results are biased in favor of the BTN on Dish.

I understand what you're saying. Hemi was saying that, "I would almost have to doubt that a national vote would be much different."

Given how fired up the anti BTN people have been on this forum I would say that plenty of those folks have been interested enough to vote too.

So look at it this way, 171 of 200 dont care, fine. but 29 of 200 do.

So if you extend that out to 2 Million subscribers instead of 200, 290000 do care.

and if you lost half of that to your competition, even 1/4 of that, thats a huge hit on your business.

HD Locals Thru Antenna - Guide

Remote (Aux mode)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts