"Remote Battery Low"

jwfgeol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Knoxville, TN
I have a 622 and have been getting this message every time I change a channel for going on two months now. Is there any way to disable it (besides replacing the batteries in the remote)? I figure I will know that the batteries are low when the remote stops working. As far now, while the remote is still working, I'd prefer not to have this message pop up in the middle of the screen everytime I change the channel.

Changing the batteries is the only way to remove the message. Note: if you wait too long, you will have to reprogram the remote with the tv and other devise codes you may be using the Dish remote for.
Does Charlie own part of Energizer? :)

Hmm, doesn't seem like exactly the same problem since my remote has been working fine for almost a year now with one set of batteries (and it's the TV1 remote). I'll just replace the batteries and see what happens.
So let me be sure I understand this. The batteries are a year old and since they are nearing the end of their useful life they set off the Dish low battery warning?

And you're angry because Dish has the temerity annoy you with these warnings when you prefer not knowing it's time to change batteries until the remote ceases to work?

Here's what you do: Buy new batteries(You'll have to admit that you will have to, pretty soon anyway, right?). Put them in the remote. Take the still plenty good batteries you removed from the remote and put them in some other household device, perhaps the smoke detector or a baby monitor.

Problem solved! You still get that last five cents of battery life!!!

This system of notifying customers that the batteries need to be replaced (I find they can last over a month with somewhat diminished ability, but still decent use) was initiated to cut-down on the huge number of calls to the centers because subs thought that there was something wrong with their system, but it turned-out they just needed to replace the batteries in their remote. I've had relatives call me saying their Dish doesn't work. I ask them to replace the batteries, and WHOOO! The problem is fixed. And they fell really stupid for having panicked. I like the battery warning, not so much for me to replace the batteries, but it does cut-down on "dingbats" who don't replace the batteries before calling Dish and making me wait on the line when I call Dish for other reasons.

This system of notifying customers that the batteries need to be replaced (I find they can last over a month with somewhat diminished ability, but still decent use) was initiated to cut-down on the huge number of calls to the centers because subs thought that there was something wrong with their system, but it turned-out they just needed to replace the batteries in their remote. I've had relatives call me saying their Dish doesn't work. I ask them to replace the batteries, and WHOOO! The problem is fixed. And they fell really stupid for having panicked. I like the battery warning, not so much for me to replace the batteries, but it does cut-down on "dingbats" who don't replace the batteries before calling Dish and making me wait on the line when I call Dish for other reasons.
That makes sense. I was just wondering since my remote has been working for about two months since the warning came on.

I think you should call dish immediately and have them set up a $99 service call to have a tech come investigate.... /sarcasm

How does the receiver even know the batteries are "low" if the remote is still working it ? :confused:
For the 721 remote with 4 batteries... 2 are for UHF and 2 are for IR. If the voltage drops below 6 volts for UHF and 3 volts for IR, it sends a signal to the receiver. On that remote it only measures 1 battery in the bank. It may be different in newer remotes.

For the 721 remote with 4 batteries... 2 are for UHF and 2 are for IR. If the voltage drops below 6 volts for UHF and 3 volts for IR, it sends a signal to the receiver. On that remote it only measures 1 battery in the bank. It may be different in newer remotes.

Hope this is sarcasm, even the regular IR only have 4 batts :)

Hope this is sarcasm, even the regular IR only have 4 batts :)
He got it wrong. IR only needs one battery, not two. So IR only batteries use three for extended IR usage and one battery for maintaining the LOW BATTERY alert function.

UHF/IR mode requires two batteries for the UHF, one for IR and one for the LOW BATTERY alert. This is why the remote does not last as long when used in UHF mode.

:D ;)

wow, wish my batteries lasted a month or more once I got that warning - as soon as I get it, within the next few channel changes it goes dead. (tv 2 remote) Guess I have a faulty one and need to get it replaced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)