I was just given a Magnavox "20MF605T" LCD TV. It's not HD but looks great in the BR. Tried all the remote codes for DishNetwork but no cigar. Anybody know a code? Probably will have to buy another programmable remote.
The remote may not have a code for your TV. As the previous post suggested, to be sure you can try the remote code search to try to find one that works. Here's how to do it....
1) Turn on your TV
2) On the remote, press and hold the TV key (not the TV POWER key) until it begins flashing
3) Press the POWER key on the remote control (again, not the TV power key)
4) Now use the channel up or channel down key to "surf" through codes that will work with your TV
5) If the TV turns off, then you know you've found a working code
6) To lock in the code, press the POUND key
7) The TV key should flash 3 times to indicate that the code has been stored
Once you have searched through all possible codes (there are a lot), the TV key will flash twice (I think) to alert you that you are now back to the beginning. Of course this would be bad news as the remote won't control your TV.
Finally, if you find a code that sort of works (only controls some things on the TV), try another code. Sometimes one code will work better than others. I know that is true of my home stereo receiver.
Thanks for the replies Guys. I have already tried surfing for a code with no luck. Guess I'm just going to have to get another universal remote. Already have one in the Den because the Dish remote doesn't support my Harmen karden stereo. I have a nice touch screen Sony that works everything quite well. As of now I have three remotes for the bedroom setup. Dish remote for the 510, one for the stereo which the Dish remote doesn't support and now the one for the new tv. When it was just two in the bedroom it wasn't so bad but three is a real pia. Oh well, Thanks Again. PS. Just a thought, it would be nice if Dish would offer an updated remote. But I guess that is asking to much.