Remote code for HTS not available??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

StanDarsh

PIT MEMBER
Original poster
Jan 10, 2015
Georgia and such
I had time..so I decided to search through each of the 96 available codes for my YHT-4950U home theater system that I got yesterday to see if just ONE code would work the volume and mute...none of the 96 codes for Yamaha would do it. Is there a simple way to find the 4-digit code for the devices in order to program them? I tried the "pairing" wizard where you hold a button the Yamaha remote while the Dish remote tries to "learn" that button...but it didn't work either.

I would think Yamaha would have EVERY single model number available to Dish remote code programming..but I guess not.

I had time..so I decided to search through each of the 96 available codes for my YHT-4950U home theater system that I got yesterday to see if just ONE code would work the volume and mute...none of the 96 codes for Yamaha would do it. Is there a simple way to find the 4-digit code for the devices in order to program them? I tried the "pairing" wizard where you hold a button the Yamaha remote while the Dish remote tries to "learn" that button...but it didn't work either.

I would think Yamaha would have EVERY single model number available to Dish remote code programming..but I guess not.
What Dish receiver and what Dish remote are you trying to pair that Yamaha to?

I've never had problems with Yamaha, so that's an odd one. I assume the IR re"eye" is working on the Receiver?

Gonna go play that number now :D
Well????:coco

5490596-crazy-man.jpg

Reactions: charlesrshell
Just for grins try 4423.
I was not sure if this was meant jokingly but I did try 4423...
It does work for volume!! :clapping:clapping:eek:
hah..thanks for that..all i'm really concerned with is the volume control...

I'm new to the whole HTS stuff..never really got into the whole "home theater" craze over the years..but now...with a 75" Samsung series 8 TV...I feel like it's doing a disservice to the TV if I don't have a somewhat decent sound system hooked to it.

Next question for the HTS thing....upconvert to 4k with the Yamaha 5.1 receiver or nah? Don't really see that much difference in the upconvert....but whats the opinion on that?

I was not sure if this was meant jokingly but I did try 4423...
It does work for volume!! :clapping:clapping:eek:
hah..thanks for that..all i'm really concerned with is the volume control...

I'm new to the whole HTS stuff..never really got into the whole "home theater" craze over the years..but now...with a 75" Samsung series 8 TV...I feel like it's doing a disservice to the TV if I don't have a somewhat decent sound system hooked to it.

Next question for the HTS thing....upconvert to 4k with the Yamaha 5.1 receiver or nah? Don't really see that much difference in the upconvert....but whats the opinion on that?
No it wasn't a joke. I looked at my Hopper 3 and found some Yamaha models close to yours and that was the code for them. As to your second question, I'd let your TV do any and all upscaling. Most TVs, especially newer ones, have excellent upscaling.

No it wasn't a joke. I looked at my Hopper 3 and found some Yamaha models close to yours and that was the code for them. As to your second question, I'd let your TV do any and all upscaling. Most TVs, especially newer ones, have excellent upscaling.

Thank you!! It says unknown but definitely works on the YHT4920U ...so I appreciate it.

TV looks great the way it is so I think i'll stick with that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts