Remote codes for 40.0 remote available?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
Couldn't find it Dish's website so I'd like to ask if someone could post the remote codes for the 40.0 remote please? I was curious to see if the codes for my TVs are the same as the ones for the 20/21.0 remotes or if they were new codes. If anyone can post that list, I'm sure it would be appreciated by a lot of folks on here. Thanks!:)

The 40.0 remotes use completely different codes than the older remotes (except 32.0 I assume). So your 20.0 codes won't work Since they now use UEI codes, which is the largest code database in the world, chances are excellent your tv will be in there. Dish hasn't published any yet, but they are in the Hopper itself via the Remote Manager as well as the many online lookup sites for UEI, DirecTV, one-for-all and JP1. I've posted links in a recent thread here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/hopper-zone/279998-hopper-remote-manual-pdf.html

All that being said, it's impossible to program the remote without using Remote Manager, so you may as well just wait and do it the easy way.

Last edited:
THIS 32.0 remote guide will give you a good idea how to set up the 40.0 remote. The steps and Remote Manager screens for the 922 are nearly identical to those for the Hopper. To see what remotes are paired, you go to system info using the front panel button or pressing menu twice.

So slightly off-topic, there are remote codes for my Xbox 360! Just for the heck of it, I went under DVD and looked for Microsoft. Pressed the power button to test it and it fired up my Xbox. Maybe it's because they can be enabled to use the Media Center remotes?

Nice. Especially if it includes AV receiver codes. But I don't think it will replace my Harmony.

So what are the chances of getting the PS3 to work with the 40.0 remote! The hoppers got Bluetooth seams possible.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
100% if you get an IR dongle like the $2 Auvio from Radio Shack. Then you just use a Sony Blu-ray code. The $15 Nyko dongle uses Sony DVD codes. Or just enable HDMI CEC and control it thru your TV.

Don't count on blue-tooth because the Hopper remote uses ZigBee, not blue-tooth. They have similarities but are not compatible with each other in any way.

It had the code for pretty much all of the major brands. Including my Onkyo.

I setup my H/J remotes to operate my Panasonic BDP and Yamaha AVR, in addition to the DVR and TV. That way, I have backups in case my Harmony remotes take a crap.

Nice. I've got Onkyos, too. And good idea. Real good idea. Wouldn't be activity based, but would get the job done. For me anyway. Wife & MiL, well........

Can anyone find the code for Bose 3-2-1, It works with my IR 6.2 so there must be a code for the 40.0.

Not sure what i am doing wrong, all the codes i tried "Code is not valid" error 496. Any ideas?

Got it to work, did set up then audio receiver not audio amp and it worked. The code 1629 only works if I pick audio receiver. Odd

Thanks

Got it to work, did set up then audio receiver not audio amp and it worked. The code 1629 only works if I pick audio receiver. Odd

Thanks
Glad it worked. That is strange about amp vs. receiver because both are Audio device type 3 in UEI's database and should share the same codes. Maybe it's a bug.

The fact that 1629 worked indicates to me that Hopper does indeed have the latest code set. That particular code is fairly new and only in 10 other UEI models at the moment. I'm surprised it wouldn't take 1229 since that's a very common code.

I made a mistake about code 2023. It should work as well, but is a Video code, not an Audio code. So it would have to go on the DVD button.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)