Remote Codes Needed

Imelewis

Original poster
Nov 30, 2010
Englewood Oh
Does anyone have a four digit code for an RCA RT2870 Home Theater that will work on the 922. I had a 612 that picked up a three digit code with no problem but now I need a four digit code. Is it possible to just add a 0 at the beginning of my old code? Thanks

No. Use your old code and put the number 2 infront of it when programming in AUX mode. Also, dish does not use 4 digit codes, it's 3.

Thanks for the response hawker...im not saying you are wrong but when i did the auto scan, at one portion of the menu I saw all the codes that were programed in, I could have sworn they were all four digit codes...but come to think of it all the first digits may have been 0...I will look again, and so now if I have a three digit code for my RCA receiver I just put a 2 in front of it...in the aux mode...isnt that four digits? or is the 2 just to signifiy aux mode? anywho,
thanks for the advice and I will give that a shot tonight.

IMG_0127.jpg

They look like 4 digit codes to me. is there a list out there anywhere? i did a chat with dish one day and they just gave me a link to the list they have always had for codes.

Thanks for the response hawker...im not saying you are wrong but when i did the auto scan, at one portion of the menu I saw all the codes that were programed in, I could have sworn they were all four digit codes...but come to think of it all the first digits may have been 0...I will look again, and so now if I have a three digit code for my RCA receiver I just put a 2 in front of it...in the aux mode...isnt that four digits? or is the 2 just to signifiy aux mode? anywho,
thanks for the advice and I will give that a shot tonight.

WRONG, the 922 remote uses 4 digit codes.

They don't use four digit codes. You use the 3 digit codes that ate used for every other remote and they work. Those 4 digit numbers you see are the ones that are used if you use the library of codes that the 922 has stored to it.

Hawker, I tried what you suggested last night and ran into some interesting info...as you say, the library asks you to put your four digit code in but...it only alows you to put 3 digits in. I tried all my 3 digit codes and nothing worked...I tried to put a 2 in front like you said but no luck either. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong here.

Hawker, I tried what you suggested last night and ran into some interesting info...as you say, the library asks you to put your four digit code in but...it only alows you to put 3 digits in. I tried all my 3 digit codes and nothing worked...I tried to put a 2 in front like you said but no luck either. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong here.
. Okay. Let me get this right. You have the previous code off of the old remote and programming that into the new 922 remote does mr work. If that is all true then I'm not sure how to help. Have you tried teachig it the commands you want?

no, i havent tried that. Im getting frustrated with this...had to forget about it for a few days. I really dont remember what the code is but have a list of 5 or 6 different codes that have always worked over the years. Ive let the 922 search for it with no luck, Ive tried all 20 library codes with no luck, and Ive tried to enter all the codes I know manually with no luck still. How do I teach the commands?

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/158496-dish-network-21-0-learning-remote.htmlkind of the same way as the codes. You hold the TV button until all of the lights up top flash. Then you hold the RECORD button for about 3 seconds. After that you have to manually teach each button by aiming your old remote the the topleft side of the remote. There is a little black window. Set you old remote about 3 inches away. SO what you will do after the above steps is something like this, 1. Press the power button on the DISH remote and the tv button should light up solid red. 2. Press the power button on you old remote. 3. The tv button light should turn off briefly then come back on. If it blinks really fast that means it didnt get the command. Sometimes you have to hold the button on the old remote for it to be taught. You have to do this for every single button you want programmed. Make sure you get them all. Because if you forget one you have to do the ALL AGAIN. When your all done just switch back to sat mode and wait 15 seconds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)