Remote Codes - Update?

bdemz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Do remote codes ever update?

I mean I have a Viewsonic LCD TV and none of the remote codes works for it. When dish issues a software update will new remote codes be added?

If so where can I get them

Thanks

I would image Dish adds new remote codes when they send out new versions of a remote. Theres no way a receiver update would affect the codes in the remote.

but.....

when you use the IR blaster feature, you program it to the same code you used in the remote.

So....

The numbering would be the same. hhhmmmm... I wonder if there is an exchange program that a person could do.

Since the receiver MUST be getting updated to understand 'new' codes...

Do remote codes ever update?

I mean I have a Viewsonic LCD TV and none of the remote codes works for it. When dish issues a software update will new remote codes be added?

If so where can I get them

Thanks

I bought a Viewsonic tv for my mom. No codes would let the Dish Remote control the tv. I am going to take it back to Costco, for a full refund, and get a tv that is compatible!

Tom in TX

I bought a Viewsonic tv for my mom. No codes would let the Dish Remote control the tv. I am going to take it back to Costco, for a full refund, and get a tv that is compatible!

Tom in TX

That means an old TV - one as old as the remote codes...

Just get a Sony RM-VL600 Learning Remote for $20....

Tom in TX

Be careful of Westinghouse LCDs...my brother and I both have them (diff models), and Dish remotes don't work with either.

Be careful of Westinghouse LCDs...my brother and I both have them (diff models), and Dish remotes don't work with either.

I actually have a Westinghouse 37" in my bedroom, and I can get the Dish remote to control it, if, when you power on the tv, you point the remote at the ceiling!!!

Tom in TX

That means an old TV - one as old as the remote codes...

Just get a Sony RM-VL600 Learning Remote for $20....

Actually, I bought the tv (Viewsonic) in October. It's a 40" LCD. If I return it for a refund, I can now get a 42"LCD (Toshiba) for $200 cheaper! I get a new tv, that works with the remote, and $200 to boot!!!!

Tom in TX

Actually, I bought the tv (Viewsonic) in October. It's a 40" LCD. If I return it for a refund, I can now get a 42"LCD (Toshiba) for $200 cheaper! I get a new tv, that works with the remote, and $200 to boot!!!!

Tom in TX

$200 is $200.

But the new Toshiba TV remote codes may not be in the Dish remote either.

The only way to be sure is to take your Dish remote and a Remote Manual (with the code numbers) to the store and try them on the TV...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts