Remote Codes

hemway

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Arizona
I just purchased a new Vizio 32" LCD HDTV for the bedroom and I'd like to program the remote codes into the remote so I can control my Dish receiver. Currently have a 2800 hooked up to the TV so I need that code. Eventually I'll move my 811 into the bedroom so I'll need those codes also. Codes listed in the Vizio guide for Dish don't work on the 2800.

Any help would be appreciated.

I dont show any Codes listed for that tv but you could allways try the device scan.

With the desired equipment on, press and hold the correct Mode button until all mode key backlights illuminate (about 3 seconds), then release.

Press and release the Power button.

Press the Up button once a second while pointing the remote at the desired equipment. If the code for the equipment comes up, the equipment will power off.

Press the POUND (#) button. If the code entered is valid for the remote, the mode light flashes three times.

To verify the code works try several different functions for that equipment.

He's looking to control the Dish receivers with the TV remote.

Most if not all programmable remotes only use Dish codeset 1. IIRC the 2800 is set to 0 and its remote is codeset 0 only. You would need to set the 2800 to address 1 but won't be able to do that directly with the 811's remote which emits only RF in Sat mode.

A possible workaround is to use the 811's teach remote function and place the 2800 in front of the 811. Go to the 811's teach remote screen, then set the remote to address 1. Go to the 2800's Sys Info screen (cover the 811's IR sensor so it won't respond to the 2800 remote) then position it in front of the 811. Press Record on the 811 remote, the 811 will echo that out its IR blaster to the 2800 which hopefully will change its address.

HTH. If not you'll just have to juggle remotes until you get the 811 moved.

Sounds like I'll juggle the remotes until I move the 811. When I do that, i'll move my Harmony remote with it and pick up a new Harmony if and when I get a 942 or whatever they are selling after the 1st of the year.

Thanks anyway.

Vizio Code for Comcast Remote

Try using Emerson TV codes. They worked for me with my comcast remote. If you have comcast the code I used to get my Vizio L37 37" LCD to work is "0178"

I hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts