Remote Control 2 Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Videomax

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Now on to important matters.
I'm unable to access any of my Dish function features on my secondary TV using either of my two Dish Remote control 2.
All TV functions(power,volume,channel changes,etc work), but none of my DIsh features(power, DVR, fast forward, pause, etc work.)
I tried soft rebooting the DVR, playing around with the antennae, accessing System Info and pressing the SAT and REC button at the same time, but it has not solved the problem. (On the System Info screen, Primary Remote Address reads: 6 IR and Secondary Remote Address reads: 9 UHF BAND A.
I called DISH tech support twice and, wouldn't you know it, while on the phone with them, the remote suddenly works, and by the time I get off the phone with them, it stops working a few minutes later.
They are sending me a new remote control, but I just have this feeling that the remote isn't the problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions or things I should look for to help solve this problem?

Thanks,
Dave

Try this with the tv 2 remote.

1. Press system Info button on front panel at tv1 (bring tv 2 remotes with you)

2. With tv2 remote press and hold Sat button till all mode lights light up, release.

3. Type 10, then press # then record twice, if it doesn't change the 9 on screen, press record 3 times. If the 9 still doesn't change, then press record 3x. If no change reboot the receiver. After the reboot l, bring up system Info and press record 3x, no other buttons and then check if the 9 changes. Then go test the tv 2 remote. If it works, then grab the other tv2 remote and press and old sat, type 10 then # but don't press record.

Changing from odd to even number address changes the remote frequency band and should hopefully cut through whatever interference you are experiencing and hopefully fix your issue. If this doesn't work, I would back feed the remote antenna.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts