Remote Control Help

Endorphin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2005
Sorry for the elementary question, but I can't find the answer online or in the book.

I believe I accidentally changed the SAT setting on the remote for my 811, and it will no longer control the 811 in any way.

The remote code per the settings on the box is 1.

Can someone tell me how to fix this?

Thanks in advance, and again sorry for the Noob Q.

It's easy to change the remote address without the receiver recognizing the change. Here's how to fix it.

1) Use the front panel buttons on the 811 to get to SysInfo Screen. At that screen, take note of the address, which sounds to me like it is still on 1.

2) Press and hold the SAT button on your remote until all four mode buttons blink. Punch in 1 and press #, the SAT button will blink 3 times when it has accepted the code.

Then give it a try.

Keep in mind that both the receiver and the remote have to be set to the same address. For example, let's say your neighbor's UHF remote is controlling your 811 once in a while. You can change the remote address by following the steps above, and right after you complete step 2, press the Record button once or twice, until you literally SEE the remote address change on the SysInfo Screen.

Hope this helped.